Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough has published a new article.

Madame X (1966) (Region B) Blu-ray Review

madamextop-150x150.jpg

Alexandre Bisson’s warhorse melodrama of a doomed life and mother love triumphant gets its seventh screen interpretation in David Lowell Rich’s 1966...
Continue reading the original article.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I agree there are some implausible aspects to the story, but the only one that irks me is that "Madame X" seemingly has not learned the name of her courtroom defender. If she had, she would have realised from the outset who he was.

As for that visual blip: I must have blinked. I'm pleased with the transfer and am very glad to have this disc. I'm also impressed by Russell Cowe's summary of the life and career of Lana Turner.

All zone-free Lana Turner fans should add this disc to their collection.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I ordered today. The story was always implausible and by the sixties I am sure it was hopelessly dated, but I love the old weepers as they sometimes refer to them on TCM and this one is classic.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
I, too, have ordered this one through Amazon Australia. Amazon UK would not allow orders to the U.S.

Perhaps Universal will one day see the light and start issuing some of these classics.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
My copy arrived yesterday, and I will watch it this evening or tomorrow. Am very much looking forward to it.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
One of Lana's finest; certainly one of the rare times that she was called upon to stretch her acting muscles. I love Lana in this period, alongside "Madame X" she is also in peak form in the underrated "Portrait in Black".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks