What's new

Mad Monster Party news (1 Viewer)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
This from www.RankinBass.com:
More exciting news concerning the Summer 2002 Anchor Bay release of the Rankin/Bass Halloween classic motion picture MAD MONSTER PARTY! We have been informed that the rights to the once-scrapped documentary on Mad Monster Party produced by Dave Whitting have been purchased by Anchor Bay to be included in the DVD extra features! Previously presented on our site in a crude slideshow format, it was once feared that Animagic fans would never see this documentary as it was meant to be seen. Featuring interviews with voice talent Phyllis Diller, animation producer Dave Whitting, our own Rankin/Bass historian Rick Goldschmidt, and hosted by the modern master of cartoon voices, Billy West, this informative presentation will soon be enjoyed by all! Mad Monster Party seems to recently be rising above its cult status, and along with an 18 page booklet written by Rick and a remastered print, this DVD is sure to be a great seller and a fantastic addition for any animation or Rankin/Bass DVD collector! We'll keep you updated on any future info on the project!
I understand it is scheduled to be released in early July.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Yes, this is a MUST buy disc. One of my favorite flicks from my childhood. Even my kids dig the VHS version.
JohnG:)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
It's up for pre-order for 7/23 release at DVD Empire for $19.95. Here are the features:

Production Art Gallery

Theatrical Trailer

Poster and Still Gallery

24 Page Booklet with Liner Notes from Rakin-Bass Historian Rick Goldschmidt which includes: Rare Photos, Extensive Film Information and More

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Bad news. I've just read on the Official Rankin/Bass Website that the documentary will not be included on the DVD. Apparently the elements didn't arrive in time and instead of delaying the disc Anchor Bay decided not to include it. Thanks Anchor Bay:frowning:

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
Oooh, you guys know Anchor Bay. Soon they´ll be re-releasing MMP in a double-disc Divimaxed set on a metal round box with holographic tinfoil. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks