What's new

Mad Max: SE & Buckaroo Banzai (1 Viewer)

Marc Fusion

Agent
I just had a chance to look over both these releases and without a doubt, they are must owns for those interested. The Mad Max disc has a gorgeous (and very clean) anamorphic widescreen transfer and a full frame (but who cares), as well as the original Australian soundtrack, in both mono and Dolby Digital 5.1 mixes. The commentary is quite good, as three crew members and a "Mad Max expert" provide insight, but the "Road Rants" trivia subtitle track is cool also. The other extras are a featurette on Mel Gibson (16 minutes) and one on the film itself (25 minutes), plus some internation poster artwork, four tv spots, and the Australian trailer.
As far as Buckaroo, it was well worth the wait, as this disc rocks! You can view the film in the theatrical form or extended form (with alternate opening) and the transfer is anamorphic (2.35:1) & makes the movie look brand new. Audio is DD 5.1 and it sounds good, though not too dynamic, but I think we expected that. The commentary is with director W.D. Richter and writer Earl Mac Raunch, both of whom have a great time here, in a most unusual session. I haven't explored the rest of the extras as much, but it has deleted scenes, NUON features, a behind the scenes featurette, trailer, profiles on the characters, and more. Sorry I can't be more specific, but if you want to know about a certain extra, just let me know.
In any event, just wanted to let everyone know that MGM has delivered the good on both discs here, so if you're interested, don't miss out.

Richard_Huntington

Stunt Coordinator
Did they put all that MAD MAX stuff on a single layer side?! Or is it DVD18? DVD14?
------------------
"My wife actually prefers widescreen"

Marc Fusion

Agent
Richard, Mad Max is on a DVD-14, with both widescreen & full frame on the dual layer side and the video extras on the flip side. This seems to be a popular choice of late, especially with Warner and MGM.

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Is English dubbed track of Mad Max also included or just the Australian?
I'd love to finnaly see it in it's orginal language,but would also like the track i'm used to hearing on it as well....just in case.
I've heard good & bad things about the track,since most people are used to seeing the dubbed version.

Richard_Huntington

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Marc.
Specs say the dub is on there, DQ. Mine is pre-ordered.
icon14.gif

------------------
"My wife actually prefers widescreen"

Marc Fusion

Agent
Christina, yes, the American dub is on there as a mono track. All the bases are covered here, even has English subtitles, which is rare on MGM discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks