What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
George Miller’s long-awaited and often delayed follow-up to his Mad Max trilogy roars onto UHD Blu-ray as part of Warner’s first wave of releases, offering a noticeable video upgrade over its 1080p counterpart.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Have purchased this title on 4K UHD and will view it as soon as my Samsung UBD-K8500 arrives sometime tomorrow via UPS.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I want to go to Adam's house...just to watch those first few minutes in Atmos.

If ever there was a movie built for UHD and Atmos, I would think this was it! :D

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I don't get this movie . No plot , no character development- they essentially drive around in a circle. Star Wars ran rings around this movie yet was ignored because it made so much money. Costumes(?) that looked like a gay leather bar circa 1995.
Finally- I'm sure technically it looks great but not in 4K 3D so who cares?
Whatever. Pass.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
The soundtrack on this, even the Blu-ray, is the most intense sonic experience I've had in my HT. With the new JBL Pro sound system, I had to take a few breaks from the reference level bombardment to keep from going into shock. It is a visceral experience.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Will be my first purchase once I get a 4K setup. It will be a glorious experience. Still think it should have beaten Spotlight. Right Colin?:P

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Someday Colin. Someday you will finally see the masterpiece that MMFR is. [emoji13]

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
My point is why would I want to watch it in 4K if it was intended to be a 3D experience and I have the only 3D version available?

Because you don't like 3D in the first place maybe?
Because UHD HDR is now the premium format for the home and you enjoy it?

If you prefer 3D then that is fine and dandy but clearly there currently are no 3D 4k movies so it is either one or the other, Obviously the studios hope they can win over more people with HDR than with 3D.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I finally got to see this on my new TV, and damn. Make no mistake this still IS the demo disc for 4K. The fact that it is my favorite film of the last decade is icing on the cake!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I have the UHD disc, but a TV that doesn’t have HDR. I’ll be upgrading my TV soon, and Fury Road will be the first film I look at (I think the regular BluRay of the film is stunning).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks