What's new

Lumet S.E's in Feb 06 (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I was just coming onto the forum to post about this after reading the headlines at DVDTimes!

I'm SO happy about this, and I for think that including them in under the Controversial Classics banner is perfectly fitting and a great way to release these CLASSICS!

WB can only put out so many films a year, these were long overdue for Special Editions and they fit perfectly with the context of the Controversial Classics label.

I sold off my initial copies years ago in anticipation so I can't wait to see them again with brand new remastered transfers in full-blown Special Editions!

This is definitely a street day purchase!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Network is an all-time favorite. Hopefully the PQ is vastly improved on this new edition. Great special features will be nice to have as well. Can't wait!

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
DVD Times has full specs and art now on Network and Dog Day Afternoon:

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 Two-Disc Special Edition DVD releases of director Sidney Lumet’s Network and Dog Day Afternoon for 28th February 2006. Boasting the star power of Al Pacino, William Holden, Faye Dunaway, Peter Finch, Robert Duvall, John Cazale and more, and tackling the media mania of news and reality TV, thirty years later these films are just as exciting and relevant as they were when they were made. Bonus features include commentaries by Sidney Lumet and new making-of documentaries, including The Making of Dog Day Afternoon, which features Academy Award-winner Al Pacino.

Also available February 28 will be a special Controversial Classics Vol. 2: The Power Of Media, a three title, six-disc collection, which showcases these groundbreaking films about the power of the media and will include the two featured Lumet films along with the Two-Disc Special Edition of All the President's Men (released February 21). The films will be available individually at $26.99 SRP / $19.95 MAP; the giftset is $59.92 SRP.

Network 30th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition (1976)
Before reality TV, there was Network! Lumet directs this prophetic satire from Paddy Chayefsky (Academy Award-winner* for his screenplay) about the things people do for love…and ratings. Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Peter Finch, Robert Duvall and Beatrice Straight star. Finch won a Best Actor Oscar® as Anchor man Howard Beale, whose airwave rants about the state of hard news reporting (“I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore!”) become a phenomenon. Faye Dunaway won Best Actress as the TV exec guarding ratings like a tigress protecting her cubs and Beatrice Straight won a Best Supporting Actress for her performance.

Special Features:
Commentary by Director Sidney Lumet
The Making of Network: A 6-Part 30th-Anniversary Documentary
Network: The World and Words of Paddy Chayefsky
Network: The Cast and the Characters
Network: Mad As Hell! The Creation of a Movie Moment
Network: The Experience
Network: The Style
Network: By Walter Cronkite
Vintage Interview Excerpt from Dinah!, Hosted by Dinah Shore
Paddy Chayefsky
Turner Classic Movies’ Private Screenings featuring Sidney Lumet
Theatrical Trailer
Languages: English & French
Subtitles: English, French & Spanish (Feature Film Only)

Dog Day Afternoon Two-Disc Special Edition (1975)
Al Pacino and director Sidney Lumet (collaborators on Serpico) reteam for this unique thriller, filled with sardonic comedy, that earned six Academy Award nominations (including Best Picture) and won an Oscar for Frank Pierson’s streetwise screenplay. Al Pacino plays mastermind Sonny and John Cazale is his partner Sal -- two optimistic nobodies who set out to rob a bank, resulting in an unexpected media circus and complete disaster. Based on a true incident, Gene Shalit of the Today Show called Dog Day Afternoon “…one of the big ones, swarming with energy, excitement and drama. “

Special Features:
Commentary by Director Sidney Lumet
The Making of Dog Day Afternoon: A New 4-Part 30th-Anniversary Documentary Featuring Al Pacino
The Story
Casting the Controversy
Recreating the Facts
After the Filming
Vintage Featurette Lumet: Film Maker
Theatrical Trailer
Languages: English & French
Subtitles: English, French & Spanish (Feature Film Only)

And the full specs and art now on All The President's Men SE are here.

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator
So looking forward to this set. Three great movies, three great SE's. Christmas in February.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks