What's new

Lucky Louie (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Yes, Tourgasm was very disappointing, but I'll probably give it another chance next week just for the hell of it. Then again, maybe I'll just bag both of those shows and bail after Entourage.

LewB

Screenwriter
I thought the set was reminiscent of 'The Honeymooners' set, with the kitchen table as the center with the bedroom off to the left.
As for the content, any show with lines like 'I'm gonna f* your t*ts off' deserves a second view.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The second episode was entertaining as it about the pursuit of the Kim's second ever orgasm. But during the bed scenes, you could here the voice of Bobby Hill slip out of Kim's mouth, and that was weird.

RichardK

Second Unit
Funny episode about the O.
I didnt need to see Louie's genitals flopping around though...eck!

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I have to put a third on that. My wife an I and another couple get together every Sunday for HBO. Yes, we are the people they make the commercials about. We all love Louie. I agree the show looks cheap but it still makes me laugh. This week we when she was banging the crap out of him we were all laughing so hard that we were crying. Great stuff!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I came to this area this evening to specifically talk about
Lucky Louie. I shouldn't have been too surprised
that there was already a thread started.

I was initially very excited about this sitcom because I am
an avid listener of The Opie and Anthony Show which
features Jim Norton, one of the funniest guys I have
ever heard.

Now I'm no prude -- and I generally like humor that pushes the
envelope --- but I find Lucky Louie difficult to watch.
The entire premise of the show is to envoke shocking sexual
content. This week's show that featured several long minutes of
Louie humping away at his wife in bed which was just plain nauseating
to watch.

I really want to like this show, but man, how unfunny can
a sitcom get?

HBO is known for it's quality of programming. How the hell did
this piece of crap get greenlighted?

I really wanted to like this show. I'm the type of guy that enjoys
ribald humor, but Lucky Louie manages to push the envelope
to the point where the show ceases to be entertaining.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Watched the first episode. Not bad. It has potential.

Watched the second episode. Man that was hilarious! The moment the neighbour finds out his wife WASN'T cheating on him was priceless! :D

The only annoyance for me is how just about every single American sitcom depicts Americans as being totally inept at sex. It's a miracle any of you can have kids at all. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's not the getting knocked up that's the difficult part, it's the satisfying your wife O-wise that seems to be tough part for the guys.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

The sets and the delivery of the jokes reminds me a lot of the Honneymooners. Sort of "Low Fi" which keep the production costs down.

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoy Louie's coworkers, especially the fat guy with the mustache. He had me in fits of uncontrollable laughter during his speech about what life really is in the first episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kind of an unrealistic premise, Kim fighting her teenage mugger, spirals out of control.

Probably a little too much male nudity for nudity's sake, as it wasn't all that funny.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
It was just stupid. What guy wraps a towel around him like that.

Its disappointing that HBO who gave us smart funny shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage and Dream On is making this. If I wanted a bad sitcom, Id watch network television(which I dont)

Even though I said I wasnt investing in any new HBO shows Ive watched this, but Im basically done with it.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I rarely LOL if I am watching something on TV and I am alone at home ... but this show does it for me.

First episode definetelly had it's WTF moments ... but after catching it again, it clicked.

it's one of those shows like Ali G where the camps will be divided right down the middle ...

And Nick DiPaolo is a welcome addition ...

This thing will take off, mark my words ... like someone already said ... it's like an uncensored Rosanne

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Seeing dong twice in one show was 2 times too many for me and on top of that the show just really isn't that funny. I gave it 3 episodes to hook me, but I won't be watching anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks