What's new

LT150 pictures (1 Viewer)

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
Here are some pictures taken of my new LT150 using a Dalite Insta-Theater screen. I have the screen setup between my 50" widescreen RPTV and my stereo component shelf.
ht_small2.jpg

Picture after screen is raised. This is the 80" diagonal model.
This is a picture of the back of the screen, showing the hydraulic scissor mechanism that supports it.
This view shows how the screen bows in slightly at the edges. You're looking at the bottom left corner.
Snapshots from 3-D Fish Screensaver: 1
Snapshots from HD Demo station on DirectTV: 1 2
Snapshots from Run Lola Run using Geforce2MX based HTPC: 1 2
Snapshots from Akira: 1 2
Snapshots from Starship Troopers: 1 2 3 4
These pictures don't do justice to this projector. Both color and contrast are not as good as what you see in person. In addition, several people have mentioned that the wide power material used in the Insta-theater is not a very good screen material for watching movies. I'm curious as to how good things would look on a better screen. I apologize if the pictures are small. I may take some more pictures when my Radeon comes in so if you have suggestions, let me know.

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Dzung it's tough to take screenshots that actually reflect what you see.. I can empathize.
nice shots and nice projector.
how about the noise?? u susceptible to rainbows? I see blacks are pretty good considering it's a lamp PJ.
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
Hi John, the fan is loud but not terrible. If you're watching an action movie and listening at 15dB below reference or louder, you will barely notice it. With that said, I'm still ordering a Whisperflow hushbox .
I do see rainbows now and then but can tolerate them the few times I do see them. There are a couple of tweaks you can do to minimize them. One is to turn off the white segment on the color wheel (this is a menu option). Another is to turn down brightness and contrast slightly and to use a progressive source. If I'm engrossed in a movie, I don't notice them at all.
The blacks are very good for a digital projector. One of the things that makes the LT150 great for HT is its 800:1 contrast ratio. That's double what most digital projectors offer.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dzung:
Thanks for the pics from this projector. I have heard that people really like the DaLite 2.8 gain screen with this projector too.
Parker

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
Packy,
I have the LT150 and a pull down High Power 4:3 screen. The added gain from the screen does make for a more vibrant picture, but also affects the black level and contrast. I also think it adds to any grain.
I use the High Power for cable and sports, but I have a matte white 16:9 screen beneath the High Power. For DVD's I retract the High Power and use the 16:9 screen. As black levels are my 'thing', this gives me the best of both worlds.
Steve
------------------
Link Removed

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Steve:
Makes since to me. Blacks have never been that much of an issue to me though. I like bright, vibrant colors. So a high gain would be better for me for all video presentations.
Parker

Earl_C

Agent
Dzung,
There didn't seem to be any halo around your images. How do you mask your screen? Also, could you tell me how far the unit is from the screen?
Thanks,
Earl

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
You can see the halo effect by adjusting the gamma on my pictures. Try this picture . If I pulled back the projector a little more, I could use the natural masking built into my screen. The halo is certainly more visible in person than it is in my photos. The projector is approximately 9 feet away from the screen. Maybe a little less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks