What's new

Lowest rated TV Show You Want? (1 Viewer)

McClains law ,1981 james arness,
Strike force,1981 robert stack,,
harper valley pta 1980,barbara eden,
eishied 1979,joe don baker,
I'm a big girl now 1980 diana canova,
dan august 1970 burt reynolds,
angie 1979,donna pescow,
making a living 1980,ann jillian,,
the magician 1971 bill bixby,
a man called sloane 1979,robert conrad

a man cal

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
"Dolphin Cove," a 1989 family drama filmed entirely in Australia. The widower father was studying dolphins; the daughter was in a state of mute shock after the death of her mother. Lovely show, but sadly forgotten as it lasted only 8 episodes...

"Partners in Crime,"
a 1984 detective dramedy with Loni Anderson and Lynda Carter, playing both ex-wives of a murdered detective. I thought it was brassy and silly; only lasted 13 weeks. I remember it as a wild, big-hairdo 80s kind of thing. It sort of foreshadowed the whole campy-lady detective genre by about 20 years (V.I.P. and etc.) It would make a nice little dvd; I doubt we'll ever see it though! I wish Mill Creek would bring out more of these kinds of things though; not just Cannell productions--PiC is certainly worth more than the $5 you'd pay for it at Target lol

"The Rousters," Chad Everett-helmed dramedy about a family of carnies who solve crimes and have misadventures. This was one crazy, however unlikely, show.

Plus, put me down for:

Angie
The Bedford Diaries
Best of the West
Central Park West
Emerald Point N.A.S.
Flamingo Road

Get Real

Good and Evil
Hail to the Chief
It's a Living/Making a Living
Misfits of Science
North Shore
Pacific Palisades
Phyllis
Reunion
Savannah
Veritas: The Quest

I swear, if I won the lottery I'd form a niche-market dvd company that does nothing but bring shows like this back into circulation. I know I wouldn't make a damn cent off them, but if I won the lottery, I wouldn't really care lol; I just want to see these dvds out at your local Wal-Marts ;)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Great suggestions Ethan.

And I hope your DVD wish list comes true. . . It's a pity www.hulu or the ipod store doesn't carry these little seen shows, as opposed to the series everyone has seen over and over again.

I remember Best of the West. Not bad. A bit dry for my tastes at the time, but I think I would have appreciated it more now.

James

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

Great suggestions Ethan.

And I hope your DVD wish list comes true. . . It's a pity www.hulu or the ipod store doesn't carry these little seen shows, as opposed to the series everyone has seen over and over again.

I remember Best of the West. Not bad. A bit dry for my tastes at the time, but I think I would have appreciated it more now.

James
I thought Best of the West was a crack-up, but it was one of those bad timing things; people wanted contemporary family comedy/drama ala Family Ties, and here was this period western comedy that was totally out of place on the primetime line-up. It also suffered from the curse of Meeno Peluce, who was by far one of the most unappealing of child actors...somewhere in the vein of Robbie Rist. Those are two examples of child actors that casting directors love...and that real kids sitting at home love to hate. All of Meeno's roles should have gone to the (very appealing) Noah Hathaway...

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Can I add another western to the list??

I would love to see a release of the James Garner series "Nichols" released.

I have only seen one episode years ago but thought it was pretty good. And the way the series ended would make it a great addition to my DVD collection!

JanuaryMan

Agent
Real Name
Robert
More for my list:

Frank's Place
I'll Fly Away
Homefront
Busting Loose (Adam Arkin, '77)
Lady Blue
The Fitzpatricks
Mr. T & Tina

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Another one I forgot "Bring Em Back Alive," the seventies "Search," huh Filmations cartoon versions. Fantastic Voyage and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Ah I remember the times when it seemed I was the only person who was voting for those shows.

James

JanuaryMan

Agent
Real Name
Robert
DVDs or not, I'd just like to see these shows again. Who would actually spend valuable money producing discs of Mr. T & Tina, much less buy them? Not me, but its legendary badness is something I just have to see. WGN should put more of these old shows on since TV Land is useless anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks