Low proile car subwoofers; Good, bad?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Jean D, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

In my newest Parts Express Summertime Sales Flyer, it has a 10" and 12" Pioneer Low profile subwoofer. I found the 10" model online as ts-sw2541d I would like to add some bass into my newest suv, however, my other subs are far too large and I dont want something big as I have 2 kids now, but I think this would fit nice under the seat. Does anyone have anything bad to say about this? or have a better option for me. Id like to get the biggest sound, with little modification/little visability. I contemplated building a removable small vented box that I could quick connect/quick disconnect when I wanted it/needed more space depending on my drive. Ideas anyone?

2. sflamedic

sflamedic Stunt Coordinator

Have you looked at the infinity basslink. They sound pretty good and dont take up alot of space.

3. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

"32Hz-320Hz" that doesn't quote go as low as Id prefer it to. I know those aren't accurate ranges so to speak, but they do give a sort of guideline.

4. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

If JL audio is set to release a new line of shallow mount woofers that seems to fit what you are needing. I was at my local install shop last night he seemed to think they will be availavle for purchase in the next month or so.

Check them out.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=213

5. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

Actually I was just reading the web site and they state that these will be available in the 4th quarter this year.