Lovejoy: Season 1 - 06/19/07

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Joseph J.D, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Wow.....this one completely came out of nowhere for me. A really pleasant surprise. [​IMG]

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releasei...ReleaseID=6570

I used to watch this wonderful Ian McShane series on A&E Mysteries back in the early 90's - back when A&E was actually worth watching. Glad to see this one finally hitting DVD. I know I'll be picking this one up on release day. Here's hoping that BBC/Warner releases the entire series. [​IMG]

2. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

Very nice! I'll be glad to support this release.

3. PattyFraser

PattyFraser Second Unit

"- back when A&E was actually worth watching. "

So very true.

4. John Carr

John Carr Stunt Coordinator

Lovejoy is a marvelous series and it's about time it arrived on DVD. Highly recommended. Lovejoy is an amiable rouge, less malevolent than the book version, but Ian McShane captured his essence.

McShane is such a good actor that I'd watched the entire first season of Deadwood and never realized he'd been the star of Lovejoy until I read it in "Entertainment Weekly"!

John

5. Joseph J.D

More good news just announced over at TV shows on DVD:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=8007

January 8, 2008 for Season 2. [​IMG] .....glad to see that BBC/Warner are continuing with the series - and faster than I expected them to.

Looking forward to more Lovejoy this winter. [​IMG]

6. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Stunt Coordinator

Amen to the sentiments about A & E. Now it's just another reality show channel. *shudder*

I watched Lovejoy way back then too and lamented its absence on home video after. I didn't realize this came out at all until I got an email from BBC America yesterday announcing the release of Season 2. Both sets have gone onto my Amazon wish list and I truly hope that the rest of the seasons are released.

7. Joseph J.D

Noticed that Lovejoy: Season 3 is listed as a pre-order on Amazon. It's scheduled for 05/13/08. Glad to see more Lovejoy coming...and it's a 4-disc set this time. Here's the disc art:

[​IMG]