What's new

Love Monkey ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Great news about Love Monkey. I'm not sure we will see anymore than the five unaired episodes, but at least that's a start.

Larry L

Agent
The news report I saw indicated that VH1 will do a mini marathon showing all 3 previously aired shows then show the remaining 5 on Tuesday nights or something like that. No committment yet to go beyond these original 8 episodes. While I'm happy to at least be able to watch these 5 new ones, moving from CBS to VH1 meand no HD :angry:

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
This is a classic case of a good show on the wrong network. I feel like this is one of those shows that would take time to grow onto people, as oppose to shows that instantly gets us hooked.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Did VH1 skip the third episode? I think it's the one where Julia reveals she has a boyfriend. I only caught part of that one when it initially aired. Anyway, my tivo recorded the pilot, the Zoe benefit, the one with Tom's ex girlfriend/singer and last night, the one with the internet reviewer. I think last night's was the weakest as the dialogue wasn't as consistently snappy, but it's still a very watchable show.

Something else that made me wonder if they were maybe skipping an episode or showing them in a different order was that the guys were openly talking about the baseball player's sexuality. I thought they didn't know he was gay, but maybe it was just never addressed. There were some other disjointed references that also made me wonder about the episode order, but they escape me at the moment.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The 3rd episode was the last one to air on CBS, and it was shown as part of a mini-marathon of the ones that have already aired on CBS.

And you're right, it is the one where Julia reveals that she has a boyfriend, who is a director and hired to shoot Wayne's video.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
USA Today reported that this week's episode got a whopping 236,000 viewers in ratings last night (very low compared to American Idol, which gets around 30 million on average).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I'm not surprised with those ratings. This show has never been advertised. I only found out it was going to be on VH1 by reading about it on this forum. FWIW, I am not part of that 30 million views for American Idol.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I was also wondering about the sportscasters sexuality issue. I didn't think his friends knew. But, I guess they did.

Still love the show.

And by comparison, is anyone watching WHAT ABOUT BRIAN? A terrible show, really makes you appreciate LOVE MONKEY. How that can remain on the air, and MONKEY can't, very sad.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Because one was lucky, and the other was not, as far as which network picked up which. With CBS, if it's not a crime procedural show, then it's pretty much doomed from the start.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
His sexuality was established at the end of the first episode when they showed him at the end of a date at the entrance to his or his date's apartment. I assumed his friends knew about this.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally got through all 8 episodes of Love Monkey and it's a damn shame CBS canned it after just 3 episodes. FWIW, it got as much closure as a defunct show was going to get.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I finally pulled out my tape of the first three episodes of Love Monkey and watched the first one. When I read about it, I had a feeling it was a show that I would like, but being terribly behind in watching things I was going to save up a tape worth of it and then watch it. Then it was canceled, so I out the tape away for another time. I was right about it - that first episode was just wonderful. According to the Love Monkey wikipedia article, apparently there are enough youtube parts of it so you can cobble together the remaining episodes and CBS might be putting it on Innertube.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
If you have Universal HD network they air all the eps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks