What's new

Love Monkey ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I thought the first two eps were decent but I really Enjoyed the 3rd episode. I even watched it twice and then...Cancelled.

Why do I even bother watching new shows? Wow they really don't even let shows find their audience anymore. I still think that the ratings system is incredibly flawed. Screw em'.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I guess the day of trying a new show with great potential in different time slots are Longgg gone!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If Love Monkey had held onto most of its opening audience numbers, CBS would have let it be, but it went from about 8+ million on episode 1 to around 5+ million by episode 3.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
This frees up Tom to do the requisite "former-Ed-star" cameo in a "Lost" flashback!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

I wonder if Warren Cheswick has anything to do with why those people are on the island?:crazy:

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
I love Ed. I get bored watching Love Monkey. Too many secondary characters I care nothing about and enough of the Wayne guy, already.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Maybe, but they didn't take into account extenuating circumstances, like getting pre-empted by the State of the Union. Ep.3 was supposed to have Aimee Mann, so I was totally on the watch for it, and was like "what the fuh? where'd it go?"

Actually now that I think about it, analysts have said that since they only ordered 8 episodes initially, support actually was *not* there to begin with, so I doubt they would have let it be unless it brought in eye-popping numbers. The suits are too quick to pull the plug nowadays, IMO.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't watch the show until episode three. My brother saw the pilot and recommended it. But I didn't have the energy to bother with episode two. So, I see episode three, loved it, and - boom! Canceled!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If CBS ordered 8 episodes does that mean that they are in the can? In other words, will we be seeing a Love Monkey: The Complete Series DVD set?

I'd buy it.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I wonder had the show been a 1/2 hour format, would it still be on the air.

I liked the show, but at times it came played more like Ed goes back to New York to become a record producer.

Larry L

Agent
I saw all three episodes and had myself convinced that a 4th had been recorded on my DVR, but I guess that's a no. Someone had told me that they'd heard it had been cancelled so I did some research. Interestingly, there's still a Love Monkey web site on CBS' website and it has all kinds of interesting information about the show, cast, etc.

Anyway, some of the rumours I'd seen on the ever reliable Internet include: a) CBS is considering cancelling it but has not yet made the final decision; and b) The new network (CW?) that was the WB and UPN is looking to purchase the show from CBS.

I enjoyed the show and hope that somehow it finds its way back into a rotations somwhere. It was just refreshing to have a new show come out that wasn't a Reality Series or another CSI...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ditto. Actually, if CW bought it, that would officially be ONE more regular show that I'd watch on CW than on CBS (sports excluded, but UCLA rarely plays on CBS so that is a negligible amount anyway).

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Isn't CW CBS/Warner, so they wouldn't have to buy anything, would they?

Love Monkey
Smallville
Everwood (crosses fingers)

I think I'll be a CW watcher.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well, this is a separate, joint entity, and these guys always "buy" things even seemingly from themselves. It helps with the creative accounting that all the big firms do... :D

If they do show both Smallville and Love Monkey, I'm hoping that they keep broadcasting in HD.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
UPN May Want "Love Monkey"

Whenever a show gets cancelled, fans clamor at the possibility of it getting picked up by another network. Hell, I am still holding out hopes for "Arrested Development."

A lot of you seemed to think that "Love Monkey" got pulled before its prime. Apparently, UPN thinks so too. There weren't many details, but Ask Ausiello over at TV Guide says that there's a rumor that the show will be picked up by the tiny network.

Don't get your hopes too high though. Remember: As of fall, UPN will be no more. Whether they will be buying out episodes already made or plan to pick it up over at the CW, things look promising for the Tom Cavanagh/Jason Priestly drama.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Mikel,

That's pretty much what the last few posts have been about. UPN/WB (which will be The CW in the fall) picking up Love Monkey.

I doubt UPN is making independent decisions about their fall schedule right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks