What's new

Love Monkey ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i recognized her from mind of a married man.

also who was the red headed woman from pilot?

i checked imdb for the names of the woman in the credits but none are lsited there.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ivana Milicevic plays Julia on the show, and was on "The Mind of the Married Man" as Missy.

Milena Govich plays the woman who dumps Tom in the pilot, and she was on "Rescue Me" as Candy.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

He might have been flying into JFK airport which is in NY. Should have flown into Newark. :D

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
All this time it never registered that her name was Ivana, even though I watched every episode of "Mind of a Married Man".

Oh, and the similarity to my own first name. I get a palm patty to my head.

Ivana Milicevic. I'll remember it now.

DUH.

Ivan

Michael_EC

Stunt Coordinator
I finally watched the second episode. Had to fast forward through the scenes that focused on the Larenz Tate and Jason Priestley characters though. The show isn't great when the Tom Cavanaugh character is on the screen, but it absolutely dies when he's not. For me at least.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Even though the main story was kinda predictable, there's this wayne-ness that makes it okay, gives off that soothing vibe, puts a grin on my face while watching it.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I didn't care for this episode as much as tghe others. Seems like the writers are trying to be toooo cutesy with the dialogue and Cavanauh is annoying with his little, I love myself, smirk all the time.
And the ending where the little kid turns his hat around to emmulate the lead character? Gag!
The kid singer is annoying. Get a haircut already.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is something my dad was telling me 35 years ago. Have we swung back to this. ;)

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I liked the vibe of last night's show, but the show is still finding it's footing thematically. It was fun to watch.

I'd rather have a consistent theme through a story that works most of the time and is silly a little bit (hat turning) than the writers stay comfortble and not even attempt it. Exploring the effect confidence has on one's actions was interesting.

The sexual tension between Tom and Ivana's character is gone, and wasn't that where they left us after episode two? Why would she date a guy like the director? I guess we'll learn all about her shallowness in future eps.

The subplot with the boyfriend who doesn't like sports was starting to get annoying, but the actors saved it. It was sweet, maybe a little scaccharine, but this ain't a serious show like Battlestar Galactica.

The show has potential, and it's fun. The thematic / character struggles are pretty normal for a show after it's third episode.

Ivan

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I know this is a stupid question, so please no slams. Who played the director. He looked so familiar, but I just couldn't place him.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that question looks familiar.;)
nicky katt who was also on boston public.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Its like de javu, all over again. Thanks for the info, Tony. I got so flustered about posing the question on the wrong thread that I just now noticed you gave me the answer in the other thread. He looks a lot different than he did on that show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Things don't look good for the Love Monkey as CBS is looking to put "The Unit" on after NCIS and then followed by The Amazing Race in the 10-spot on Tuesday nights in March. Grr...

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I watched my first episode of this (Wednesday's episode) and - I enjoyed it greatly. Go figure that the next day, it's starts to get sucked into the cancellation black hole.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Too bad. I enjoyed the show. Probably the reason the ratings were so bad is everyone was sick of the promotions for it before it even started. I don't recall having seen such endless promos for a show. They must have lasted 2 months. It always bugs me too when a network promotes a show as a "breakout hit" and it has only aired once. Or they say it is the highest rated "new" comedy. The fail to mention that this is because it is the only comedy.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As a big "F-You" to CBS, I'm taking their channel off of my TV's auto-programmed lineup.

Yeah, yeah, I'm not a Nielsen household so this will do exactly squat, but screw em for cancelling what IMO was one of the better shows to come out on their channel.

Great, CBS, give me more CSI:[YOUR CITY HERE] and NCSI, I mean NCIS. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks