Love IS a Many-Splendored Thing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by haineshisway, Jul 8, 2013.

1. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Screenwriter

Luke J. Chung
    Robert A. Harris has given his assessment of this blu-ray and he's RAVING about it...5 ratings for both the image restoration and the 5.1-channel DTS-MA-HD audio...can't wait to watch my copy of this over the weekend!!!

2. haineshisway

haineshisway Producer

Bruce
    Yeah, well, you heard it here first :)

lukejosephchung likes this.
  3. Panavision70

Panavision70 Stunt Coordinator

Rick Notch
    First saw this 1963 on NBC Monday Night at the Movies. I was eight and my love of movie music began that night. The movie's last 10 minutes are still devastating. Powerful stuff.

4. ShowsOn

ShowsOn Second Unit

I'm in Australia too, so with Twilight Time orders I usually wait until there's a few titles I want before placing an order in order to spread the exorbitant shipping costs.

I also took advantage of the deal to get a free signed copy of Hard Times which I'm selling to a friend. This way I got the cost down to $35 for Love is a Many-Splendored thing, though sadly it my copy still hasn't shipped.

5. classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy Producer

Byron
    This is my first Twilight Time purchase, although I caved again a couple of nights ago and ordered "Lost Horizon" as well. The prices are very steep for foreign buyers, but for LIAMST, and it's glowing reviews, I figured it was well worth the extra dollars. Especially since I've landed a few big bargains lately - this kind of balances it out.

6. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    This is absolutely one of the best transfers I have seen in a long time. I received it today and was just going to put it in and watch a few scenes, but I got hooked on it at the main titles and watched it through. Great story, great acting, great directing, great cinematography and a perfect transfer.

Thank you Twilight Time.

7. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Screenwriter

Luke J. Chung
    And a BIG thank you to Fox's Shawn Belston for bestowing his love and care at restoring this title for release...another feather in his cap for his 2013 catalog release output so far this year!!!