What's new

Lots of Sony catalog titles - July-Oct (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Blu-ray.com - July-October Wave of Catalog Blu-ray Titles from Sony
* July 28: 'A River Runs Through It'
* August 11: 'About Last Night…', 'Blue Thunder', 'Starman', 'St. Elmo's Fire'
* August 18: 'Go'
* September 1: 'Labyrinth'
* September 8: 'The Quick and the Dead', 'Silverado'
* September 15: 'Easy Rider', 'Punch-Drunk Love'
* October 13: 'The Craft', 'Wolf / Dracula / Frankenstein Trilogy' ('Wolf', 'Bram Stoker's Dracula', 'Mary Shelley's Frankenstein')
* October 20: 'Freedomland', 'Snatch'
At least for the moment, 'Wolf' and 'Mary Shelley's Frankenstein' won't be available separately.

I'll be picking up Labyrinth and Easy Rider for sure. I might pick up Snatch.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How come you don't link our release thread with these new titles.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...e-listing.html

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
ReleaseLists.com is also saying The Dark Crystal is coming September 1 alongside Labyrinth. I don't know if they have different sources than Blu-ray.com or if they're just lumping in all the rumored releases that today's update finally gave dates to, though.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
It's probably accurate. Those two almost always get sold together to help cross promote each other. I will gladly pick up The Dark Crystal as well.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yay--the more catalog titles that come out, the more interested people will get in the wonders of BluRay! (As you might imagine, I love BluRay and actively promote it to those who are on the fence about the upgrade).

Vincent-P

Second Unit
If Sony reads this, please include the commentary from the R2 DVD release of Starman on the Blu-Ray. Since the R2 release was also done by Sony/Columbia, there shouldn't really be any good reason not to include it.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It's extremely unfortunate that Sony's new trend seems to not offer certain titles individually....such as Frankenstein. I don't want Wolf and I already own Dracula. I guess I won't be buying it.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I don't think those titles won't be offered separately. Seems more like a Halloween package, or something.
Easy Rider, Punch-Drunk Love, Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal (if that really comes out) for me. Punch-Drunk Love is an amazing film, with stunning cinematography to boot. The other three I always wanted to buy, but somehow it never got to that on dvd.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me in this batch.
These are the Sony titles I'm waiting for.
htf_imgcache_41631.jpeg

and
htf_imgcache_41632.jpeg

and
htf_imgcache_41633.jpeg

and
htf_imgcache_41634.jpeg

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I don't think Sony will put all their best titles out on Blu-Ray in one batch
. Too bad, I know.
They are working on Lawrence of Arabia, though.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I want Marie Antoinette so bad! but I will buy GO and Punch-Drunk Love and Labyrinth and I am sure Dark Crystal will come out at the sametime. Maybe a few more on the list. I already own dracula but want to see WOLF but I won't buy multiple films on one BD release.

I never bought In Cold BLood / Capote because I felt IN Cold Blood and Capoter deserved seperate releases. I hate the cover for it also.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Dave H said:
It's extremely unfortunate that Sony's new trend seems to not offer certain titles individually....such as Frankenstein. I don't want Wolf and I already own Dracula. I guess I won't be buying it.
And I only want FRANKENSTEIN.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Matt Butler said:
Blue Thunder and Silverado for me!!
Blue Thunder is a poorly botched up Dolby mix on bluray its to be avoided.

The idiot that remixed it for bluray has fake stereo surrounds when they should be duel mono. The left and right fronts have been mixed onto the mono surrounds so its almost impossible to hear when the mono surrounds become active on the original mix as the level of the fake stereo surround masks right over the mono surrounds.

It gets worse.

The centre discrete has the centre phantom from the left and right sandwiched right over the centre so no way of telling or hearing those discrete softer sounds on the centre or tell the difference between certain bass music beats that are 100% isolated from the rest of the mix.

If that wasn't worse?

The idiot has also use the bass from LCR and covered all over the LFE.1 so no way of telling when the true LFE.1 effects come in and out on the mix? :angry:

The same bullshit was done to 2010 the year we make contact (1984)

I'll keep the DVD versions as they're not butchered up to sell bluray as format. Shame on the mixer who did this to these films and god, knows how many more this idiot has done?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks