What's new

LOTS of Rush DVD's coming soon... (1 Viewer)

Adam_R

Second Unit
I have read on other message boards (Rush Related) that Anthem Entertainment has confirmed the upcoming release of the following Rush DVDs:

:D

R30: Rush's 30th Anniversary Tour (new, obviously)

A Show of Hands (re-release on DVD)

Grace Under Pressure Tour Video (re-release on DVD)

Exit... Stage Left (re-release on DVD)

I AM VERY VERY EXCITED ABOUT THESE!!!

You can read a bit more about it at www.rushmessageboard.com

The post is buried there somewhere. Sorry for lack of link.

From what I read, they had a Fall release scheduled, but with Rush, you never know.

:b

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Show of Hands!?

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
MINE!!

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Ohh, rock. These are all Excellent titles. Let's hope the PQ & AQ on the R30 disc is better than the recent Rush:In Rio DVD.

R. Kay

Second Unit
I hope Geddy Lee's voice isnt speeded up on these selections like they are on all their cds.

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator

R30 is infinitely better than the Rush: In Rio disaster. HIGHTLY recommended:emoji_thumbsup:

Still no word on DVD release of "Through The Camera Eye". There were some good videos on that collection that didn't make it into the "Chronicles" collection. It would be nice if they included the never-before-released-on-DVD ones as bonus material (or even easter eggs) on the new concert discs.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Just got home with R30 and am absorbing the interviews.

I assume the outcry against the RIO set is in reference to the audio mix.

Great to hear that the "old stuff" is getting a DVD release. My SHOW OF HANDS vhs is well worn, and the GUP and ESL videos were two I only had mono dubs of.

COUNTDOWN was missing from the Chronicles DVD. Was that the only one?

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Hope I'm not out of line with this question in this thread but has anyone seen "Neil Peart: Anatomy of a Drum Solo" or "Neil Peart: Work in Progress"? Curious as to how these are. The last time I saw them ("Counterparts" tour and had front row center tickets that I won from a radio station)I think 3/4 of the concert I just watched him. That man is amazing! :emoji_thumbsup:
Forgot to mention that the Jerry Stiller part was hilarious/entertaining.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Exclusive: Producer Sheds Light On Working With Rock Band Rush

October 12, 2005 8:04 p.m. EST

Douglas Maher - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Montreal, Canada (AHN) - Rush's producer and director Pierre Lamoureux sheds light on the upcoming "R:30 - Rush Live In Frankfurt, Germany" DVD package that is set to hit stores November 22.

Lamoureux is responsible for the huge undertaking of not only the "R:30" package but the DVD releases of "Exit Stage Left...," "Grace Under Pressure Tour - 1984," and "A Show of Hands" all of which are being released in 2006 in both a special box set and individual package.

"There is a lot of work that has gone on with the band over the last year," Lamoureux says in an exclusive with All Headline News.

"We have the entire Rush catalog in our hands. Not just the studio material they have released on albums, but every single demo or song that has not been released as well. We are setting Rush up for the future for releases that will be able to have 5.1 audio mixes along with SACD formats down the road."

The news is obviously going to make every Rush fan shine from Bangkok to Lakeside Park in Canada, but Lamoureux insists it only gets better from here.

"For obvious reasons I can't get into every detail about the band's business and future but I can assure you the concerts that we are re-releasing are not straight VHS to DVD transfers. These are color touched, remastered, and re-mixed in 5.1 stereo and we are deciding which extras we will add to each in the coming days. We are basically done with everything except the extras and that decision lies with the band.

Lamoureux reveals that the "Grace Under Pressure" DVD in particular might hold special surprises for fans down the road; some suprises, never thought to be possible.

"We found the footage for 'Grace'," Lamoureux says.

"The concerts will be released in the same format as the original releases including track listing and running time of the actual concert. But down the road when Blue-Ray technology becomes more popular and we are able to extend things out to levels beyond where we are at currently...we can then go back and release the found footage that was not on the original release."

Lamoureux adds that the frustration of the job has been finding the footage to begin with. As a matter of fact, he is asking for any information leading to people who worked on the crews of the filming of "Exit Stage Left..." and "A Show of Hands" to please come forward and contact them.

"We know someone has the film from those shows... we just need to get them at this point. It could be someone who worked with a former producer, a film crew member... anyone at this point. We didn't expect to find the 'Grace Under Pressure stuff... and we did.'"

Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson and engineer Rick Chycki did the engineering for the 2-audio CDs for the deluxe package of "R:30" and Lamoureux's brother Francois did the audio chores for the recording of the concert itself.

"The band decided they wanted to do this half-way through the tour so it was a matter of getting things going quickly and trying to find venues," Lamoureux adds. "I approached the band's management SRO about filming Rush on their anniversary tour and they turned me down being so close to their "Rush In Rio" project. As the tour went on they decided it would be a great idea but it was too late to film Radio City Music Hall and Red Rocks although we talked about it, we just couldn't get crews into the cities at the right time."

Lamoureux admits that the DVD was almost filmed in Montreal but the band opted for Germany instead.

"It was a great crowd in Frankfurt and the DVD will display that. It was originally going to be even shorter (R:30 is not a complete concert) but the band decided they wanted to add even more material from the concert because it all came out so well, thankfully we didn't have a glitch the entire night... so that material will probably be used somewhere down the road."

Stating the fact that a Rush show is not an easy task (clocking in at over 3 hours and 15 minutes) Lamoureux says,"I have never worked so hard in my life, it was like working two concerts in one night..a double shift, but watching the guys in Rush perform is just an amazing experience."

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000499636[/url]

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator

I don't have them it in front of me, but I believe COUNTDOWN, VITAL SIGNS and THE BODY ELECTRIC were all included on "Through The Camera Eye", but missing from "Chronicles".

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark

Ah, yes. 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 ... S - O - S...

It would be nice to see the GUP videos as extras on the concert DVD. I wonder if we'll get any 3-D sequences? That'd be cool. The Weapon was one, if I recall correctly...

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark

If you're referring to R30, you're totally wrong. The video is not quick cuts and moving camera, it's deliberate and calm; the audio is great, too. Lifeson is co-credited on the 5.1 audio production. It's as if they actually read the fan reactions to the last one.....

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
You're right, I misread that. I hated the Rio DVD. I'm glad R30 isn't like that.

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Correct. I was answering Mark B's question about the "Rush In Rio" DVD. I just edited that post to make it more clear. The new "R30" is fantastic and nothing like the "Rush In Rio" release.

The wife commented that "R30" looks like they they went out of their way to not make the same mistakes twice. It does appear that all the complaints about the "Rush In Rio" were heard by the top brass.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark

Though I still think I am owed a proper Rio with an audio fix. Oh, well....the second disc was a real treat. Guess that's what I got for my money.

It's funny...25 years ago I lived and breathed all things Rush. In the 90s I sort of drifted off in other directions, but every once in a while I come back to them for a spell and enjoy it all with renewed exuberance. There is really something quite special and unique about these guys. Saw them live in 1996 and will never forget it. I must have looked strange; just standing there staring, head cocked slightly to the right, mouth open and motionless from the neck down for 3 hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks