What's new

Lots of 80's sitcoms..Where's Mr. Belvedere? (1 Viewer)

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
I think if Ned and Stacey had fared better on DVD Ned's love of Mr. Belvedere would have created a groundswell of support for the show - but alas...I'm still waiting on the rest of Ned and Stacey!

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Wow!! That's encouraging. I hope they can get this out, and get out all 6 seasons.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'd be thrilled (and shocked) to get even one season. But all the seasons in separate sets ? That ain't happening, folks.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H

I think it could happen. Mr Belevedere is one of the top 100 requested unreleased shows on tvshowsondvd.com. It certainly has a much better chance getting released by Shout! Factory. We're talking about a company that released ALL seasons of Punky Brewster! Who could have seen THAT happen?

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Well, the first season only had 7 episodes, so those could easily be combined with the second season. Besides, there were 10 episodes from the last two seasons that never aired on the network that most people probably never saw.

I'd be happy just to have it on hulu.com.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Ok, I started this thread so long ago, I don't ever remember starting it!!
LOL
Anyway, whomever wants to see MR. B, please email shout & tell them!!
After all these years, it would be nice to see at least some of this series released!!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I was thinking, that since there is a lawsuit over Mister Ed DVDs by the estate of the author of a book that inspired it, there are underlying rights relating to the original book "Belvedere," by Gwen Davenport (who died in 2000), that have to be settled first.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
How depressing is it that the last time most people heard anything about Mr. Belvedere was when Stewie was screaming the theme song during an episode of Family Guy.

"According to our new arrival,
Life is more than mere survival.
And we just might live the good life yet."

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, we got all the major 1980s sitcoms in syndication in the Raleigh-Durham market at one point, and we never got Mr. Belvedere. It's never been on cable, either.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Does anyone know who actually owns the home video rights to Mr Belvedere? I emaield 20th Century Fox several times & each time they said ABC owned it. I emailed Buena Vista/Disney and they said they will forward the request to marketing. Almost everywhere online says Fox owns it but I'm wondering if it really is owned by Disney. I wonder if that would make it easier to get licensed out.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Seriously?

I have a feature on my site, writing about "Forgotten TV" series. One of the qualifications is that it isn't on DVD.

Last week, I wrote up a story about MR BELVEDERE, that I have yet to post. I was probably going to post it next week.

Now, it is announced??

I think this is the third time this has happened. I write something, and within days a DVD it is announced.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
It's a shame that Golden Girls is on DVD, but no Empty Nest. Anything holding it back besides fear of sales? I wouldn't mind even if they just did Season 1.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
It's about time someone finally did this one!!
Way to go Shout!
First, Simon & Simon, and now Mr. Belvedere!!
You guys are becoming my favorite studio!!
I can't believe it's been almost 3 yrs since I started this thread! I had all but lost hope on this one, lets just hope that we get all six seasons. I'm sure that Seasons 1 & 2 will be released together.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'd be happy even with just the first season of Mr. B. Frankly, I think that's probably all we'll get. It was barely run in syndie and do younger viewers even know this show exists ?

Empty Nest might do a little better because of GG fans but I'm also betting we only see one season of it. Much like the other low-selling adult, sophisticated shows that have tanked on DVD. Murphy Brown, anyone ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks