What's new

Lots of 80's sitcoms..Where's Mr. Belvedere? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
With the slew of '80's & early '90's sitcoms being released. One of my favorites is nowhere to be found. Mr. Belvedere ranks #110 in the unreleased ranking of TVShowsOnDVD.com's database.
C'mon Fox, give Mr.B a chance!!

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Tons of '80s sitcoms need to still come out. Hogan Family, Small Wonder, Silver Spoons, Out of this World, Webster, Family Ties, Amen, Benson, Perfect Strangers, Head of the Class, What's Happening Now!!, It's a Living, 9 to 5, My Sister Sam, My Two Dads, Newhart, Square Pegs, and Three's a Crowd off the top of my head.

I hope at least 25% of those come out this year, if not more.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Pavan,
Out of your list, here's my top picks:
Three's a Crowd ( & The Ropers)
Perfect Strangers (season sets!)
Hogan Family
Family Ties (what's up with that?)
Coach (thought it was coming in '05??)

And PLEASE more of:
Night Court
Who's The Boss!!

These are all very popular & entertaining sitcoms which most of us like myself relate to when thinking back to our childhood & that great decade ..the '80s!!

:D

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
If MR BELVEDERE were ever to be released on DVD, I would hope they could add the SNL "Broctune" sketch, with Tom Hanks. A meeting of the fans of the guy who plays Mr. Belvedere fan club. One of the funniest SNL sketches.

As for the rest of the 80's sitcoms, I actually saw FAMILY TIES for the first time in a long time yesterday, and it still held up quite well. I'd definitely pick that up too.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I would like to see "Valerie". "Family Ties" if the delay is not "music-related" or something else that needs to be edited in order for it to be released from Paramount.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Ahh, Mr. Belvedere. I loved this show and it has basically disappeared. I think it aired very briefly in syndicated reruns. That was years ago and I have not seen it since. I'd be surprised if it came out on DVD considering it's low profile. But that would be great. I'd be happy it somebody would just show it again.

Isn't it amazing how many channels there are now but there are still a HUGE number of old shows that you never see.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
This show was pretty funny.

Remember the one when Jason Bateman played the daughter's boyfriend who had the hots for the mother (and who wouldn't)?

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe they could get Alan Spencer (of "Sledge Hammer!" fame) to record a commentary? ;) He had an awful lot to say about "Mr. Belvedere" on his "Sledge" commentaries.

Heck, commentaries by people who hate the movies worked for the big "Matrix" box set - why not "Mr. Belvedere"?

;)

John*P

Second Unit
I definitely want Mr. Belvedere seasons on DVD, along with The Hogan Family, Family Ties, Small Wonder, Silver Spoons, Out of this World, It's Your Move, My Two Dads, etc...

I recently e-mailed Fox and requested that Mr. Belvedere be released in season DVD sets and they told me that they didn't own the rights to the show...strange since I requested it to them about a year ago, and they gave me the typical "we'll let marketing know you want the show on DVD" response. (they recently gave me that response when I requested Small Wonder) I think they may have made a mistake...pretty much everyone online says Fox owns it. I checked IMDb and saw that ABC distributed it...so I e-mailed Disney and they don't own the rights to it either. Fox must've goofed...

Anyway, I can definitely see the show getting released on DVD. If not by Fox, then by Anchor Bay or one of the smaller companies. (I'd rather see Anchor Bay release it as they'd probably give us quick, consistent releases of the seasons...sales wouldn't have to be as high for them as they would for Fox)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

John.
Interesting tidbit about Fox not owning the rights.I think that they goofed as well.

I would also like to see Anchor Bay release Mr.Belvedere, as well as any other show they could get the rights to. Their releases are excellent. Always good quality, and the release schedules are consistent.

Anyone out there who would like Anchor Bay to release Mr.Belvedere, drop them a line at
[email protected]

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would buy "Benson" in a heartbeat. Hopefully now that Sony has released all four seasons of "Soap," they'll move on to "Benson."

Kelly G

Auditioning
I would love to see:

Valerie
Hogans Family
It's Your Move
Mr. Belevedere
My Two Dads
SILVER SPOONS!!!

I was a huge Jason Bateman fan when I was growing up. I am suprised to see others put down It's Your Move. I figured most people would not remember that show. Everybody I grew up with loved Silver Spoons.....I am still shocked that show hasn't came out yet.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'd be shocked if this ever saw the light of day on DVD. I can't imagine it would be a priority or even on the radar. Mr. B. never got any respect for being a cute, funny clean show. The fact that it never even shows up in rerun syndie speaks volumes. Would love to have it either on DVD or at least back in syndie. But I'm not holding my breath.

But don't expect any SNL sketches appearing in any future Mr. B. releases since they obviously aired on different networks.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Would definitely love to see this come out as well. Loved Bob Uecker. Also would love to have Head of the Class, Small Wonder, Out of this World and My Secret Identity.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
We never even got this show in syndication in the Raleigh-Durham market and we got all the major 1980s sitcoms when they hit syndication.

The three movies with Clifton Webb that inspired the series aren't out either.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Strangely enough, I always see Bob Uecker as the "guy from Mr. Belvedere", and I consider myself a baseball fan. :)

I also like to see this show on DVD.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Hmm...I know the Webb movies have made some rounds on the Fox Movie Channel. I remember watching one of them during spring break 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks