What's new

LOTR Slipcase Offer - Any Equivalent Offer for Canadians? (1 Viewer)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I just read over at DavisDVD.com that New Line is offering the slipcase from the box set for purchase for $3.00 + S&H. The link to the offer is here.

However, the offer explicity states that it is only valid in the US. I was just wondering if any Canadian HTFers had heard of a similar offer based in Canada? I'm assuming it would be through Alliance Atlantis, since they distribute the New Line material up here, but I can't seem to find anything about it at their website.

I'm hoping the offer is available up here, because I was admiring the trilogy boxed set in the store the other day, and was thinking it would be nice to get an empty slipcase that I could store my individually-purchased releases in! :)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, on Tuesday night. (Had to get BB's "one day only" price.) But... I haven't actually opened it yet! :b

But thanks for the info. Good to know that we get the offer too! (Even though now I feel like a dork... ;) :laugh:

Andrew B

Agent
There is a send away coupon in RoTK EE to get the box for the extended editions. Just fill it out and send $4 Can to them.

Andrew

Mike D

Stunt Coordinator
Send a cheque or money order made out to
"Promotional Products Fulfillment & Distribution"
in the amount of CDN$4.00 for shipping and handling to

"Lord of the Rings Slipcase Mail-In Offer"
P.O. Box 415, Dept. ROTK-CASE
Pickering ON
L1V 2R6

Include your name and address (no PO boxes).
It makes no mention of requiring any proof-of-purchase or original offer certificate.

ChrisV

Second Unit

They were available when the theatrical cut of Return of the King was released. I got one as freebie when I bought my copy.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
So I ordered my Rings EE from Amazon.com so I won't get that coupon. But from what I'm reading I dont need a proof of purachase, or that coupon. Rather I can just send in a piece of paper with my name, address, money, etc to the specific address and get the box, is this correct?

Also does it say anything against a personal cheque?

Where did you get yours? There were no offers in my DVD that I purchased indicating that such a case was available. Can you clarify? Thanks in advance.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator

I just checked the insert booklet with the slipcase order form and the rebates that came with my LOTR: ROK: EE. It says nothing about what form of payment they accept, be it credit card, personal check or money order. However, when you click through the link to the on-line order form, above payment type, on the second page, there is the line: "Please note we do not accept check or debit cards." I would go through the on-line form and ask New Line what is up, as they have a contact link on there as well. I would think mailing a money order would be the best bet, if you do not have a credit card.

As for this...
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is New Line also offering a slipcase for the 2-disc theatrical cuts?

They were available when the theatrical cut of Return of the King was released. I got one as freebie when I bought my copy.

Where did you get yours? There were no offers in my DVD that I purchased indicating that such a case was available. Can you clarify? Thanks in advance.

We are still waiting for clarification....

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

Well that's New Line's policy. But in Canada we're dealing with Alliance who doesn't even have a website for this. As Mike D stated above the slip that comes with the Alliance version of rings says send "a cheque or money order made out to "Promotional Products Fulfillment & Distribution". So it's obvious they take cheques, but I know some companies want them certified to speed up the process, others don't care.

At any rate, since no one cared to respond to my question I just sent a personal cheque the other day. Who knows what will happen. Hopefully I'll be able to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks