What's new

LOTR: ROTK- EE DVD case colour ? (1 Viewer)

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
I think hot, electric pink would be great. And on the back of the case, it reads "2fag4u". :D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Yes, your memory is correct. However, many are refusing to believe it and think it can be any color they wish.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Never saw that photo. Anyone have any idea as to where it is? :D

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The TE of ROTK will probably be blue, but will have more of a metallic hue, like silver mixed with blue...that will work. Then the EE will be a darker blue with the lettering in gold.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I was hoping for a Black/Gray/Charcoal look to it. But really, does the color matter as much as just getting these things into our collections?

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

Yep I agree. I don't know where the other guy got the assumption that it will be 'silver-blue'.

Lanny_B

Second Unit
Wow, Ric Easton, those covers are actually quite... good. I'm quite impressed with the design, and I like that you chose those pictures for the front covers. I'm downloading the high res versions now, and just might have to try them out. And I'm a pro artist w/degree so that should mean something. ;)

And, I'd like to see the pic you guys are talking about if someone can dig that up.

RobertW

Supporting Actor

that Two Towers cover is awesome!

where do you get the images that you work with, if it's not a trade secret?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
No, no. I think ScottR was on to something there. To me at least, the theatrical edition keepcases are slightly metallic dark green and maroon. So if it is blue, then it may as well keep in that tradition.

Michael Holmes

Auditioning
Yeah, that's some cool art, Ric - nicely done.

Maybe we like to believe things change in 2 years' time.

And did I, or anyone here, say that they were 100% positive in their assumption? No one here said that there was absolutely no chance that it would be blue... could be brown, could be blue, could be bright yellow with blue polkadots, but just by looking at the RotK poster art, I think (I'll emphasize that for you) that it will be brownish gold, and I don't hold much credence to an archaic announcement made 2 years ago.

Ah well, you were probably just trying to be witty. Nice try, anyways.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

This "archiac announcement" is the color scheme currently being used by offical LOTR merchandise. So it stands to reason that there's a pretty good chance the DVD of ROTK will hold to the same pattern.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
i really cant figure out why people woudldnt think blue is a good match. Its a perfect match, and the green-blue-red scheme has been used very successfully with the recent paperbacks.

Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks