What's new

LOTR DVD issues (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

JoelO

Stunt Coordinator
You know what, I got similar problems. My problem was close at the end of chapter 23, beginning chapter 24. One section it would even stopped my player from playing. And yeah, it's just in those section. The beginning & end of the movie play flawlessly on my DVD Player (Toshiba SD4700). And I did get my copy from Blockbuster. I just exchanged mine again, will try it tonight. Hope there's nothing wrong w/ it.
I've tried playing the disc on my computer, and it plays those chapters just fine. After that I tried it again on my DVD Player, it doesn't skip & freeze as much, but still does it

Joel

Mike Russell

Agent
Went to my local Kia dealership today to drive one of their crappy cars so i could get the free LOTR DVD. I refuse to buy this movie twice. I can't see wanting to own the theatrical version when the director's cut is released. After i took the test drive, the guy gives me a card and says i have to send away for the DVD and it will take 4-6 weeks. It does not say anywhere on the card as to which version of the DVD they are giving away, so i called the customer service number. The service guy tells me that they are only giving away the full screen version. My fault for trying to get something for nothing.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Funny, I was just reading something in PC Magazine about how the USB guys have decided to rename the lower-speed USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 "Full Speed" to differentiate it from the faster USB 2.0 "Hi-Speed".
The marketeers that insist on using "full" seem to be full of something else.
//Ken

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I ran into audio drop outs on my first copy. I returned it and the second copy was fine.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Same thing on Pioneer Elite THX-Ultra reciever...dialnorm setting was +4.

Great sounding disc but the volumes in ALL channels are really jacked up. Be careful.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Send it to me. I'll exchange it (friend in the 'biz) and give it as a gift to someone. I've already got my widescreen version through the BB rental card promo (I hope! Didn't pick it up yesterday). Email me if you're serious.

Bob

(Edited for clarification due to the "stealing" threads)

Kimmo

Auditioning
I got a loud "pop" sound that came out of the center speaker in chapter 30 at about 2:08:00 during 5.1 playback. It doesn't happen during the French 2.0 playback.

I have a Panasonic DVD-CV51 player connected via TOSLink to a Technics SA-DA10 receiver. I swapped the Panasonic with a Toshiba SD-3108 and the same thing happened at the same spot.

Someone else on another board reported the same thing happening using an older model Technics receiver and Panasonic player. Could the receiver be causing the "pop" sound?

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Hmm, wonder how Pan and Scan DVDS look in a microwave. AOL CDs look wonders in a microwave. DVDs might look a little neater.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
If anyone doesn't want their Pan & Scam version, I'll be more then glad to take it and exchange it at Best Buy or wherever for another dvd...

Eric.

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Espen,

what makes you think that the dialnorm 'compensation' feature that some receiver manufacturers build into their equipment (like Pioneer) has anything to do with THX? Most THX receivers don't have this and i am not aware of ANY preamps who do. My MC1 sure doesn't and thats about as THX certified as it gets, knowing the ties of the 2 companies.

Bjoern

Brad M

Second Unit
I've got to add my story. I work in the promotions department for a radio station cluster here in Tulsa. I got the sales guy that handles our local Kia dealership to buy 30 LOTR dvds to give away on-air to help promote their test drive promotion. They went for it and I went to Wal-Mart and got to buy them. The best part was that the guy in front of me asked for a copy of LOTR. The clerk asked "Fullscreen or widescreen?" He got fullscreen. She then turned to me and asked if I wanted one. I said yep, I want 30. All widescreen. She asked if I was serious and I told her "Yes, I wear them out quickly." :D Total - $510.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks