What's new

LOTR bloopers (1 Viewer)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Going back to Star Wars I always wonder if the scene where Vader says about it being 'a day long remembered' is actually just random footage of Prowse and Cushing, used with a JEJ voiceover for exposition - Cushing's facial expressions seem to have no connection at all to what is being said!:D
Oh and did anyone read his (Cushing's) memoirs? Apparently after the first day he complained to George that his boots were too small (he had massive feet apparently) so he spent the rest of the film shot from the knees up, wearing carpet slippers.;)

Brandt

Stunt Coordinator
Theo,

I believe that scene was originally more detailed but was cut significantly. The Radio Drama gives us a bit more insight into what is going on in this scene:

Tarkin starts getting worried about the Rebel fighters, and, in conversation with Motti says he might have his shuttle standing by 'just in case.' Motti urges him not to do that, because if he is going to challenge the Emperor's power, he can show no sign of weakness; thus, when he is approached later and asked if he wants his shuttle prepared, he is says, "What?! Evacuate in our moment of triumph?! I think you overestimate their chances."

Anyway, I believe that the look Tarkin gives Vader in the film is at a point where he is still wavering, before Motti talks him into staying put. Viewed within this context, the look makes more sense. Much of this was probably cut from the film, but was a key theme in the Radio Drama (Tarkin challenging the Emperor with his "Ultimate Power of the Universe").

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hmm. Interesting. I don't believe I saw that anywhere in the original script - I'll have to look again and see what I can find.:)
Cheers.

In Pearl Harbor you can see someone from the set with a controller in his hands.

Petty Officer Dorie Miller played by Cuba Gooding Jr. , after the first attack i think, i'll have to watch it again, but he runs down some stairs to the left you will see a guy with what looks like a race car controller in his hands. I don't have the DVD here i'll have to get it but i'll try too make a screenshot this evening

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I've noticed one minor blooper in The Fellowship of the Ring that I haven't seen pointed out anywhere else yet. It's sort of interesting, in that it reveals the technique used in one of the film's ingeniously simple forced perspective shots:When Gandalf sits down at the table in Bag End just before Bilbo pours his tea, he bumps the table slightly. We see the end of the table in the foreground jiggle somewhat, while the end of the table in the background remains motionless, thus revealing that they are, in fact, two entirely different tables--one close to the camera (at which Ian McKellen is sitting), and one far away from the camera (where Ian Holm is standing).
Since this isn't an intense dramatic moment, noticing this blooper doesn't really ruin anything for me. I'm not even going to try to look for the car mentioned above.

--Jefferson Morris

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
I'm not surprised at all if the car made it through production. Something small and deep in the background would be easy to miss.

The big one though is the "rising" dead orc. I saw this one myself and I wasn't even looking for it at the time.

It was later in the movie after the big orc battle. The main characters are running across the scene when one of the orcs starts to get up. At first I thought it was just one who wasn't quite dead yet and would be chasing them down.

It wasn't until a moment later that I realized it was one of the aforementioned bloopers.

It may even be that the filmmakers noticed this. But, too late to do anything about it. The scene had already been shot and there weren't any other takes good enough to use. They probably figured most of the audience wouldn't notice it anyways so why bother. (Very typical viewpoint in movie production).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks