What's new

Lost: Season Six (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Ron, you may want to read my spoiler on the previous page, regarding Sayid and Jacob, and an interview with Cuse and Lindelof on last night's Jimmy Kimmel. The two pretty much addressed your spoiler head-on.

One other thing nobody seems to have mentioned--why was Jack's neck bleeding on the plane? Residual effect from the other reality? It was obvious that Jack knew something was "off" about the LA X reality (as I am calling it). Perhaps we'll have him slowly become in contact with the other reality (similar to events in "The Constant," and the TNG episode "All Good Things," on which that LOST episode was partly-based).

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
Now that everyone on the island is back in the same time, it's only a matter of time before sun and Jin are reunited, unless one of them dies before that.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Matt_Vaudrin

Now that everyone on the island is back in the same time, it's only a matter of time before sun and Jin are reunited, unless one of them dies before that. Something that is bugging me. If they jumped back to the "real" time after the hatch blew up, how did Juliet end up buried in the crater? She wasn't anywhere near it when it blew up. Unless the island timeline got changed.
I think they're back where they were when Jughead blew up, not when Desmond turned the key. So Juliet ended up where she was when the bomb went off.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
Little goof/writing error I noticed. When Jack is trying to save charlie, he asks for something sharp. Cindy tells him they don't have anything because of FAA regulations. But earlier we saw Kate get her meal and the Marshall took away her knife.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Matt_Vaudrin

Little goof/writing error I noticed. When Jack is trying to save charlie, he asks for something sharp. Cindy tells him they don't have anything because of FAA regulations. But earlier we saw Kate get her meal and the Marshall took away her knife.
I don't know if it's really a mistake. The knife used for a dinner wouldn't be sharp enough to perform a tracheotomy but Kate could still injure the marshall with it.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Another nice touch regarding the scene where Jack saves Charlie is that he can't find his pen because Kate lifted it from him when he bumped into her coming out of the bathroom. She then tries to use this pen to get out of her cuffs later. This detail was noticed by a poster at another site so I can't take credit for it but I'm happy to pass it on.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Hugh Jackes

Joe H beat me too it about Desmond. I'm not entirely sure that he really was on the plane.

Hadn't considered the idea that, with the bomb gone off, Desmond may not have been in a situation where he was running the stadium steps with Jack.

I don't think so. That happened well before either of them made it to the island in the first place. Of course if this is alternate reality anything is possible.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I hope that Sayid is not really Jacob in disguise. I like the idea of free will and I want the characters to continue to choose what they want to do. I would rather have Jocob continue to speak to Hurley and him relay the information to the group.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
And if Sayid really has been possessed by Jacob, why would he be so out of it when he wakes up? If it were Jacob, wouldn't he just say, "Hello There. I'd like to explain some things to all of you. But first, I really need to clip these fingernails."

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Another very quick appearance I was surprised by that the last video reminded me of. Sounds like they got Greg Grunberg back to do the single line over the intercom on the plane as the pilot.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I really wish people would quit saying that Locke's body was taken over or possessed by Jacob's nemesis.

Locke was not possessed by Smokey/Esau/Whatever. Locke is dead. Smokey is a shape-shifter, and has assumed the appearance of countless characters over the course of the series.

This bizarrely resilient "possession" meme seems to be the basis for the speculation that resurrected-Sayid is possessed by Jacob since apparently that's what "they" (Jacob and his "old friend") do. But they never did. Not with Locke, not with anyone else.

Of course, the fact that something has never happened does not mean that it could not happen. But simpler explanations that are more consistent with what we know are getting ignored: it wouldn't be the first time that a character left for dead has somehow gotten up again on the Island; and they went out of their way to stress that the water had lost some of its presumed potency, thus explaining the delay.

--
H

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Holadem

This bizarrely resilient "possession" meme seems to be the basis for the speculation that resurrected-Sayid is possessed by Jacob since apparently that's what "they" (Jacob and his "old friend") do. But they never did. Not with Locke, not with anyone else.
While I totally agree with you about the Locke "possession," that isn't really a possession, I don't think you can completely dismiss the motion of the smoke monster possessing "anyone else." We still don't know what the entity that took Christian's form was. It could have been the actual body (which was missing from the coffin) or it could have been a mimic--we don't know for sure.

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator
The cast/crew's salaries are one matter--but you must double it +++ because everyone gets per diem which is pretty much equivalent to anywhere from10% to 100% of their salaries added on. There's also the expense of flying the day's footage to LA every night (and having a triple-time teamster sitting around the airport), and then flying the dailies back to Hawaii as soon as they are processed (there is no processing or editing facility on Oahu). This leaves a lot less $$$ for CGI.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Holadem,

Easy.

It's just worded badly. My mistake as with most people
saying the same thing.

However, I don't think that is the reason for the Sayeed
speculation. The smoke monster can take the form of
John Locke but that doesn't stop Jacob from being able
to inhabit the body of a deceased.

...still just speculation.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I've avoided reading this thread to avoid spoilers, so excuse the question. I was working late to meet a deadline, so I didn't get home in time to watch Lost. I checked TV Guide on-line and it's not clear, but will ABC repeat last night's airing of the Season premiere? I think it's called LA X and it's a 2 parter? TV Guide lists it to be repeated Tuesday, the 9th, but list's it at one hour, not both parts? I could spend 6 dollars and buy it from iTunes. I'd rather not watch it on Hulu.

Thanks for any help!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

Guys, I've avoided reading this thread to avoid spoilers, so excuse the question. I was working late to meet a deadline, so I didn't get home in time to watch Lost. I checked TV Guide on-line and it's not clear, but will ABC repeat last night's airing of the Season premiere? I think it's called LA X and it's a 2 parter? TV Guide lists it to be repeated Tuesday, the 9th, but list's it at one hour, not both parts? I could spend 6 dollars and buy it from iTunes. I'd rather not watch it on Hulu.

Thanks for any help!
Technically, the episodes were LA X (Part One) and LA X (Part Two) but they're only playing Part Two with the text commentary next Tuesday at 8 PM.

It should be up abc.com for free right now. It might not be the best way to watch it but it'll get you caught up.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
There are two independent reasons why it is highly unlikely that Christian's body was possessed:

1- Again, here we have a entity with a demonstrable ability to shift its shape. Everything points to the fact that all those visions characters have been experiencing since day one of the show are manifestations of this entity. So unless there is some overwhelming reason to believe that visions of Christian are different somehow, I will stick with the pattern established on the show so far: no possession, but mimic.

2- There are tons of reasons to believe that Christian is not a real body walking around . We've seen him appear and disappear from some pretty unlikely places, like on the boat before Michael blew up, or in the hospital to Oceanic 6-Jack, or the well to Locke right before he left the Island.

Yeah, we don't know for sure whether Christian was possessed. There is just no reason whatsoever to believe that he was, and tons of reasons to believe that he wasn't.

EDIT: OK, "no reason whatsoever" is probably too strong. His body is, after all missing. But that's not enough to undermine the wealth of evidence that suggest that Christian is a standard manifestation of Smokey.

--
H

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Quote:Originally Posted by Ockeghem

I can't watch this series on network television. I tried doing it a few times, but the distractions in the corners of the screen, and the commercials, are too annoying. For me, it breaks up the continuity of the scenes too much and takes away from the enjoyment of the series.
I recorded it on the DVR and watched it all after. You can use the 30-second skip feature; my setup marks the commercials automatically, which didn't work perfectly but was OK. I don't recall many corner bug distractions -- although maybe I've started to tune them out entirely.

Yes, you do have to wait a week between episodes, but I couldn't wait until it was all over for the DVDs, because the risk that it would get spoiled is too great.
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco

I get that Hurley has been seeing dead people for awhile not, but until recently (now?) we didn't know if they were him being a bit crazy, him having visions, or actually conversing with dead people.

I watched the Enhanced versions of the season five finale on Hulu in the afternoon to refresh my memory. They point out when Jacob visited Hurley with the guitar case (in the taxi), he says that Hurley is not crazy.

Also, this is when Jacob tell Hurley to get on the second Ajira flight; and when Jacob touches him. The other flashbacks where he touches Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Locke, Jin and Sun are earlier, before the first Oceanic flight. The popular theory is that it is important that Jacob physically "mark" the survivors, but in Hurley's case, it was after the first crash. Jacob also touches Sayid after they are all rescued (and Sayid is reunited with Nadia). But given the nature of time travel -- the "time is just what prevents everything from happening all at once theory" -- it may not matter.

Originally Posted by Scott McGillivray

This bizarrely resilient "possession" meme
Another psychological failing. Sometimes when people -- not Ron! -- are corrected, it reinforces their false beliefs. Depressing, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks