What's new

Lost: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Some people are saying they think in the final bomb scene, if you look at the last few frames, it appears to be Jack waking up again on the island point-of-view seen the last two times it has happened. This had lead some to think that maybe when the bomb went off it reset things, but only back to the O6 first appearing on the island. If so, it could mean they now are not only ALL alive again, but may also have the knowledge of what happened before and now can correct the mistakes they did before and resolve it through to the end in a proper manor this time. Sort of like the bomb made it so the first time through was like a dry run and now they can do it again the right way.

I'm not so sure about that, but it is an interesting theory and would be a way to get everyone back to go straight to the heart of things for the final season.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

I couldn't agree more. It seems like one of the most well written shows ever to come along and the likes we may never see again given how networks operate things with little hope for shows like this in the future.

This show so far seems like novels to me that fit nicely into place with volumes 1-6 all in order and all planned out from the start. No where have I seen a show like this except movies like LOTR that were so well told from start to finish. All shows should have at least a clue as to where they are heading and plotted out like Lost has done. I can't think of a better example.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

Yes, the whole thing has a spiritual and religious type tone. Even the two mysterious beings Jacob and Christian/Man#2 seem to represent "good" and "evil". This even goes to where Jacob reminds Ben he has "freedom to choose" in the season 5 finale. I love all of this.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Does that theory mean the *first* time the O6 landed, as in the 815 flight (which would of course include everyone else)? Or does it mean the Ajira flight? Either one would certainly be interesting, but having a dry run and resetting all the way back to the 815 crash would pretty much rule out any Walt scenes, unless there is a lot of b-roll they could reuse.

Still cool, though, and very similar to the theory I posted a few pages back ( http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...-post1095.html ), and would seriously blow some peoples' minds (mind included)
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

I will go back and see for myself, but there appears from watching it twice now that if you hang with the show, after the bomb goes off and frame advance it, you see what seems to be a character looking up at the sky again (assumed to be Jack) just as the show first started out. Again, I have not checked this, but that's what some are saying they think.

As to the time frame, that is up in the air and could go either way. But I do think a reset of some sort has occurred and there is certainly the setup for all this being a dry run. Take the movie "Next" as an example of what some are saying about this theory. In that movie it plays out in much the exact same way. The whole thing is a reset, BUT this time they now have the knowledge going forward they did not have before and maybe this was all a glimpse into a proverbial crystal ball.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Oh it's DEFINATELY Jack's eye. Someone posted a animated jpeg that flashed back and forth between the two eyes, and they were clearly the same (only the pupil was different--one was dilated).

The theory has some legs to it, that's for sure. Though, like I said in that post I linked, it's pretty similar to that TNG episode "Cause and Effect."

cheers!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yes, it is Jack's eye, but why this makes anyone think "reboot" is beyond me. We've seen exactly that "tight close up on and eyeball" opening a number of times by now, and not one of them has involved resetting the clock to O-815 Day One. IIRC, the most recent example was when Jack woke up in 1977. So it makes perfect sense that the final season will start with a similar shot of Jack's eye when he wakes up after "The Incident" - wherever and whenever that happens to be. My money is still on 2007, around the time of Jacob's apparent death.

And far from being "mere pawns" in a cosmic game, I think our little band of heroes will be the ones who finally put an end to the "game", turning the tables on the ones who have been manipulating them and asserting their free will.

(BTW, is there any chance that Bernard and Rose are the "Adam and Eve" they found in that cave so long ago?)

Regards,

Joe

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I was thinking the same exact thing, and meant to bring that up in my earlier post but forgot.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter

Sorry for all the spoiler tags, they are in the event some of you haven't gotten around to watching the finale yet, and a stated fact about Season Six that some of you may not want to know.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M

Good point Scott, Its a definite possibility, given the timing, and seems like something that Rose and Bernard would do "together"

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I want to re-offer my prediction about how S6 may begin.

Prior season openers have thrived on setting up scenes devised to throw-off longtime viewers. IMO, the second season opener was brilliantly done and a great way to address peoples' frustrations over not seeing more of the hatch. It remains one of my favorite moments in the series and would be hard to top.

Now that we've already watched a scene set in (possibly) the mid nineteenth century, the chances of seeing another flashback set during the same general time frame seems more plausible. I posit that Season Six may open with the landfall of the Black Rock, and we may also see Richard Alpert connected with this event. Given the way season openers start on LOST, I think we may be introduced to a handful of the ship's crew, only near the end being shown one of them as being either Richard or another character whose mythology hasn't been clearly defined yet. This draws similarity with the S5 opener, as we were thrust into another time frame and shown Faraday in the final moments.

We may not know Richard Alpert's exact origin (and I can understand those who still feel his origins are Egyptian), but we got a hint in 'Follow the Leader' that he may have some connection to a sailing vessel. We know that his agelessness was granted to him by Jacob (or so he thinks).

I completely agree with Joseph that the chances for a S6 'reboot' are highly unlikely. While we've heard from Cuse and Lindelof that S6 will be similar in tone to S1
, I don't think we'll be seeing overlap per se with the events of S1. I agree that the characters stuck in '77 will be teaming up with Ajira, that some of them will pick opposing sides, and that ABCs promos will once again promise us an explosive season of 'survivor versus survivor.' Apart from that, my guess is as good as any of yours, and I'd welcome some other theories about where we're headed.

Side note about my spoiler tags. I'm mindful of spoiler tagging things about the upcoming season that have been verified by the people in charge of the show, but my speculation - for what it's worth - simply isn't reliable enough to merit spoilers.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just can't see the whole point of showing us the Ajira plot thread in 2007 if they are going to reset things back to 2004 or some other time. What makes the most sense to me is that our characters from 1977 will appear back in the island around the time of Jacob's murder and things will proceed from there. We'll get "the ultimate fight between good and evil" that Widmore was telling Locke.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about the characters in 1977 but they still need to show the scene from 'The Little Prince' from the POV of the Ajira characters when they shot at Locke, Sawyer, Juliet and company as they used the outrigger canoe to get to The Orchid faster. So something is still going to be going on in the present/2007.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Help me out, time-line wise, how it makes sense that Rose and Bernard are Adam & Eve.

Adam & Eve were seen in season 1(?), which would be 2004(?).

Rose & Bernard were seen living in their cabin in 2007(?).

I know I must have some part of this incorrect.

Jon

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member

Forgive me, still not getting it. They (Rose & Bernard) were seen in '77 living in their cabin (with the cans of Dharma food and Vincent)?

Weren't Adam & Eve seen in Season One, after the original plane crash, which Rose & Bernard were a part of?

If someone could spell this out for me as if I were eight years old, I'd appreciate it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
'77 is before 2004.

-they seem to currently be in 1977 then they die in the cave and are seen in 2004 dead in the cave.-

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member

Um, I appreciate your detailed explanation.

However...

Rose & Bernard were alive (and fresh off a plane crash) in '04 when Adam & Eve were discovered.

Weren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks