What's new

Lost: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's supposed to be 17 episodes each for Season Five (the current one) and Season Six (the final season).

EDIT: Arlid beat me by a minute.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

EricW

Senior HTF Member

anything the viewer didn't actually see can be a fabrication. Libby's husband, physchology background, genuinely going crazy, etc. she could have been planted by Widmore, but then that would mean Widmore would have had to know Hurley would be a big part of the Island way back, giving him some power of precognition, which seems unlikely.

i've always though there's a group of people shaping events in the series that we haven't really seen much of. remember the old precog that told Desmond NOT to get the ring? she was in the photo with the head monk at the monastary. what if there is a group of people like her that have always known what was/is supposed to happen, and have purposefully guided/shaped all events so that it would play out this way... including making Desmond get on that boat to push the button, making Hurley and all the Losties get on flight 815, etc.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
I tried to go spoiler free, but broke down and read a bunch of spoilers for season 5.

From what I've read, S5 is going to be mind blowing.

I DVR'd the 3 hour long episode from last night while I caught up by watching the last two episodes from last season.

Can you someone tell me if I need to watch the long one from last night now? I heard they were supposed to put a bunch of subtitles of explaination up or something? Any worth while here?

Thanks in advance!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they ran the 'enhanced episodes' (where they run text at the bottom of the screen that clarifies who people are, why they're doing what they're doing, gives background, etc.). If it's been a while since you've seen the show, it's probably a good refresher course but I'd imagine that the clip show that runs next week will fill you in too.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i hope they address (early in this season) why Kate got a vision telling her not to bring Aaron. does the Island want all of them back or not? who's lying? of course it's likely Ben, but the vision may not have been the Island's

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Uh... it was a dream, not a vision.

Of course a dream could still mean something, or even be a vision. But I just saw the episode today, and that sequence was a dream -- therefore it need not mean anything beyond Kate's internal conflicts.

--
H

Simon Young

Stunt Coordinator
I think you're just splitting hairs. We've seen plenty of evidence that the island can communicate with certain people via dreams. How do you know this was just a dream?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Managed to steer clear of all the clips and spoilers that have come out of the woodwork the last couple of weeks. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Assuming I make it through the rest of the day without the radio sneaking in an ad I have remained spoiler free. I have not watched one commercial or read any of the spoiler sights for this season. 9pm can not get here fast enough.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Those captions are truly crappy, on the last show they were reminding us of things we'd watched 15 minutes prior.
And who really needed, with the London bridge and Millineum Wheel in the background, 'this flash forward takes place in London?'

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Wow, great two episodes.

For a second there at the end, I thought the woman from Desmond's original time-traveling was going to end up being Farraday's mother, but I think now after that ending that I was wrong.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
One question answered....Only to have more mysteries shown.

Also, any idea how many episodes this season?

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Wasn't it originally supposed to be 18, but after the writers' strike they switched it to 20?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^There's 17 episodes this and next season (so there's 15 left this year).

Crazy opening to the year. I can't wait to see where they go.

I had a chuckle at the gag of having Cheap Trick's 'Dream Police' playing in the convenience store after Hurley saw Ana Lucia.

RIP Neil Frogurt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks