What's new

Lost season 3 discussion.... (1 Viewer)

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
Re: Michael and Walt

From an EW interview....

What happened to Michael and Walt?

CARLTON CUSE: We put a pin in the Michael and Walt story for the season, but by no means is it over. It would be very strange for the end of Michael and Walt to just send them off in that boat without any acknowledgment of what has happened. But if you look at the bigger picture of Lost, there's a circularity to the way that story is going to unfold in the overall mythology, and that is a long, planned approach. Yes, we'll get back to the Michael and Walt story, and it will be really compelling when we do. But that's most likely a year 4 story.

DAMON LINDELOF: Michael and Walt are the first characters on the show to ''get off the island.'' But the pervasive question remains: What is ''off the island''?

Full interview: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20010504,00.html

RichardK

Second Unit
Great show last night for me and the wife. Felt good to be watching LOST again.
Juliet's story is interesting, curious to see where it goes!

Kelly W

Second Unit
Great episode!

But can someone remind me what was Sawyer's connection to Carl? How did he know Alex's boyfriend's name?

Thanks!!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If memory serves, Carl was in Kate's cage for a little bit early in their capture. He and Sawyer talked briefly. This was at the same time, I think, Kate was on the beach with Ben.

mylan

Screenwriter
Yes, Carl was in the cage across from Sawyer at first and told Sawyer that there was a way to escape. He did escape briefly but was captured by the guards and moved to what we know now was the "rehabilitation room #23".

On another forum, someone has done the math and concluded that Julliette arrived on the island on 9/11/01, spooky but I wonder if they were using yesterday's date as the present time or if the writers intended that to be part of the mystery.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Patrick!

I had to laugh when during the Chase, the Others were good enough marksmen to nail the Walkie-Talkie, but not the fugitives.

Good episode, but I am not as enamored with it as some are. Basically halfway between Andrez and Rain on the matter.

It's certainly a milestone, as it's the first backstory of the Others and as such, provides some answers. But as usual, these answers don't really amount to much: They basically just confirmed the strongly held suspiscion that the Others are not in complete control of events on the Islands either, at least some of them are held there against their will.

And the clockwork Orange thing? A big "Meh". And until the rate of answers overtakes the rate of questions, that will be my reaction to every new mystery. My patience for new questions is simply done.

But yeah, it was good, if only because it was refreshing to see a new backstory, especially one of the Other's. 3 years of Island life (and perhaps some time before) have changed Juliet from a passive, unassuming researcher into a cold blooded killer.

Alex has a curious accent, no? Can anyone ID it?

--
H

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
andres,

many of XF's questions were answered in season6 episodes 11&12 "Two Fathers" and "One Son". you may not like it, but they were answered. writers may not have figured it all out but it was truly answered and the mysteries "resolved" best it could.

furthermore, the series finale, "The Truth" parts 1&2 reiterated the answers.

actually, giving out the answers is why XF failed. season1-5 were great because the mystery just kept going and building. who cares about answering them.

i hope lost keeps those mysteries for 5 seasons and that's it. NO REAL ANSWERS that'd ruin the series. the implications that it's a group of scientists doing some sort of social experiment on the island.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

I know Sawyer made a SW reference (Wookie prisoner), but what SW reference did Kate make?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Regarding 'Room #23'-

I strongly think that Claire was 're-conditioned' in this room, or one like it. The loud blaring 'music' that was playing for Carl? We've heard it before.... In the episode last season where Claire is regaining her memory, when she starts to have flashbacks to what happened to her, there are rapid 1/2 second cuts of images that flash by on the screen. While these images are flashing by, we hear the loud 'noise' that was being played on the speakers in this room.

Also last season, when Michael is being held captive by the others in the hut on the beach and he finally gets to see Walt, Walt starts to tell him that the others are pretending and they're not who they seem to be. Mrs Klugh replies to Walt "Do you want to go in the room again?"

Finally, on the video that Carl is watching, one of the screens reads "God loves you like he loves Jacob". Biblical reference to Jacob from the bible? Also remember last episode, when Jack starts surgery on Ben, Picket goes off to kill Sawyer and says "Shepard wasn't even on Jacob's list!"

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the clarification. I caught the 'God loves you' part but couldn't read the rest fast enough.

In an unrelated note, it seems that The Others are cut off from the real world now. Or at least that seems to be what Tom was about to mention when he was talking about the sky turning purple (during the hatch implosion).

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
So was Juliet's ex getting creamed by the bus coincidence? I'm willing to believe almost anything when Ethan is involved. Killing him off was a big mistake. He was such a good badass. Anyway, Juliet's wish that he get hit by a bus seemed out of character for the wimpy, emotional mess she was at that time, so I figured it was some kind of foreshadow. I still jumped at the suddeness of it. Was a great shot.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ I don't think so. She mentioned he would need to be hit by a bus in order for her to leave. And it happened. I don't buy a coincidence. I think she comes to roughly the same conclusion also near the end of the episode.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It was basically a frame-for-frame copy of the same shot in the film "Final Destination."

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have to say that this was kinda a yawner. Pretty much, the episode went by the numbers and there wasn't anything truely surprising. Considering all the speculation, they went with the most obvious.

I wonder if Ben expected that Carl would be broken out, and that they had designed him as a plant for the Losties?

I'm also wondering if Jack was able to lipread what Ben was saying, and using that to see how much he could trust Juliet. I'm not sure how trustworthy Juliet is yet. I mean, we have her word on what Ben told her.

Jason

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ Remember that leaving the island has already been dangled as a carrot in front of Jack. Could this be a furthering of that idea? There is a way off both islands and, with Jack as the "leader", if he plays along with them, will the Others let all the castaways off...or at least some of them? I'm sure Jack feels some sort of responsibility to get as much information as possible to everyone left on the beach, including a way home.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I did like when "Mr.Friendly" introduces himself to Jack. "I'm Tom". I thought that was very funny considering all of the crap the Losties went through with him. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks