LOST Season 3 - Dec. 11

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by BrettB, May 31, 2007.

1. BrettB

BrettB Producer

link

LOST is one of the better looking hi def shows on tv. Should look awesome.

2. AlexSchwarz

AlexSchwarz Stunt Coordinator

Two questions come to mind:

1. What is the probability of a codefree release? I have a European PS3 and no codefree player yet, so...

2. I presume the box will be considerably smaller than previous "Lost"-dvd boxes? Would look a little awkward on the shelf, but the only BluRay-box I have ("Planet Earth") is almost tiny in comparison.

3. Ben_Williams

Ben_Williams Second Unit

Outstanding news!

Lost will really benefit from the Blu-ray treatment. The ABC broadcast isn't bad, but it is limited to 720p. I wonder if this set will be presented in 1080p or 720p?

Here's the pertinent info from the article:

""Lost: The Complete Third Season -- The Unexplored Experience" follows Dec. 11 on DVD and Blu-ray Disc. The 23-episode, seven-disc set comes with a one-on-one with star Matthew Fox, a featurette on "The Others," a documentary chronicling 24 hours in production and a selection of never-before-seen flashbacks. Also included are behind-the-scenes looks at 10 episodes, audio commentaries, deleted scenes and bloopers."

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I have to imagine this will be 1080p. This is probably one of my most requested TV shows for Blu Ray, along with Stargate, Battlestar, and Heroes.

And before anyone replies, I know, I'm just waiting.

5. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    I'll definitely be getting LOST season 3 on BD!

But I hope they don't take too long getting the first two seasons out on BD as well. I bought season 1 on DVD, but I didn't buy season 2 because I had no interest in DVD by that time (decided to wait for high definition).

I'd like to re-watch the entire series from the very first episode all in high definition (will unload the S1 DVD set). So, I hope seasons 1 and 2 aren't too far behind. Hopefully they are both out by spring or summer at the latest.

6. BrettB

BrettB Producer

link

Well crap. I guess nothing is official until it's official. Hopefully just bureaucracy in action.

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I suspect that this is simply people in the know jumping the gun, as opposed to false information. We'll see, though. Lost seems such an obvious candidate for BD treatment. Less so Badder Santa, which they may very well be rethinking since there is already grief about the Disney logo versus the content.

8. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Well, if they don't release on BD they aren't getting my money for a DVD.

I also hope it is just a matter of them not wanting to announce this yet (with it still being in the works). I won't hold my breath though.

9. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

"Despite reports that had fans waxing enthusiastic, Disney will NOT be releasing the following titles on Blu-ray at this time. Though the company was quick to comfort the formats fans by reminding them that could enjoy even more benefits of the studios exclusivity to their desired format in the future"

does that about sum it up?

10. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

And the hits just keep on coming...

11. Southpaw

Southpaw Supporting Actor

From elation to despair in about 12 hours....

12. PatWahlquist

PatWahlquist Supporting Actor

On my set up with the Marantz PJ outputting 720p, Lost is the single best HDTV broadcast I have ever seen. While I hope the (eventual) BD will be at 1080p, the 720p is nothing to complain about.

13. BrettB

BrettB Producer

I like this summation better.

$87.45, Dec 11

Amazon

14. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Definitely like, but DAMN that's an expensive set.

15. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

Great news!
    Now-anyone know when this is going to be announced as indefinitely postponed?

[​IMG]

16. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Well, TV Shows on DVD is reporting the Blu Ray release is on. Same specs as in the earlier article. Can't help but wonder about: 1) the price and 2) why this information is being sat on. Sure, if ABC wanted to make a very minor splash at Comic Con, they could announce it there.

That $84 is QUITE steep for a set which will probably be $45 ish on release week.

17. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

I'll be impressed if Bd can crank out 6 individual discs devoted to one sku, in a time frame that is going to be congested with other big titles also requiring large runs.

The $124 msrp is pretty much what I expected, given the way BV has priced the first two seasons on sd dvd.

18. Daniel-M

Daniel-M Second Unit

LOST is something i will buy on HD....one day.Until then i will stick too DVD

19. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

That would be my guess too. I think the Lost panel is tomorrow so we'll probably know then.

20. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I stopped buying after S1 knowing that I'd want HD. However, knowing the end date, I might be inclined to hold off until there is a BD Series set.