What's new

LOST season 2 discussion thread...... (1 Viewer)

Bill Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a follow up post from the guy that posted the "Roussau's genetic mirror theory" on abc.com

Sounds very convenient and fabricated.

Re: Not Part of an Experiment/The OTHER Survivors
reply Posted: Sep 21 @ 04:41 PM
by: notlost17 (13 Posts in the last 90 days) Registered: Dec 19, 2004
its an obscure book called Genetic Mirror Theory and other Natuarlly Occuring Phenomenon, by Marsille Roussau. My friend found it at a Paris bookstore at Paris Univerisity while studying abroad. I don't think there is an english translation. It is a very obscure thoery, which is why it works for a tv show like LOST. Roussau however died, I heard, in 1998. I don't know if the shows creators got the idea from them or not.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken

It makes me think of people that watch Lawrence of Arabia in 4:3 on TV, and claim they've "seen" the movie. But they haven't really.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor

I asked for the link where I got it from. Will post when/if I have it. I agree it sounds a little too convenient but I had to post it.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Getting out of that hatch from the inside was nearly impossible anyway. The ladder that was on one wall of the hatch didn't go all the way down. Around rung 10 or so the rung was bent, and only held on by the support on one side. I was suprised not to see the rest of the ladder on the floor below the hatch.

Right on with the key and the magnetic field. They did have problems with the compass last season. I think it kept on pointing (no matter where it was) to one spot on the island, but they didn't go into that.

I think that what they should have done at the end of last season was to play the beginning of this one, and stop it when the dust came down after the explosion.

Glenn

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I don't think anyone mentioned this; There is a logo that shows up several times. It is octagonal with a circle in the center and something within the circle (letter or symbol). Outside of the circle there are sets of lines. I assume it mimics the floorplan of the bunker.

It is on the door of the med. locker, the left breast of the jumpsuit Desmond puts on, and on what looks like insulation or some such around some piping.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
What if we are all thinking way to much into all of this and the writers are just writing as they go about a group of survivors who find a hatch and there just so happens to be a guy down there?

Naw... I would'nt like that either. :)

What about episode 1.4 or 1.5 or so were Locke is stranded and we see the "monster's" P.O.V. and he sees it. Have they elaborated if that was just the smoke that we see towards the end of the first season?

I want to thank the writers for not spliting the episodes for the people on the raft and on the island as I would rather have two solid and seperate stories rather than here and there. It really would not work unless it was a 2-hour premiere, of course I would not be made about that.

Ryan

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
I watched the episode again to see some of the things people have mentioned. Other things I noticed:

Desmond is pedaling at 16 MPH on the bicycle.

Although you can't see all the keystrokes it appears that Desmond is typing the number sequence on the computer at the start (4 8 15 16 23 42 execute)

The numbers are becoming an inside joke now, I think, unless they cough up one heck of an explanation for them being ubiquitous.

Great ep, by the way, looking forward to the rest of the season.

Cheers,

Kenneth

JohnDH

Auditioning
Logging in and delurking....

The octagonal symbol is the bagua representation of the I Ching. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching) (bartlettdesigns.com/fengshui-baguaoctagon.html) [Sorry, don't have enough posts to be able to post links :)]

That much I was able to figure out on my own. Over at AVS, someone was able to figure out that the word in the middle of the bagua was: DHARMA

So we have a orginization whose symbol is based on the trigrams of the I Ching, and belives in Dharma.

And I am pretty sure that that is a snake where the "dividing curve" between the yin and the yang is supposed to be (I've got a couple of close up pics showing a close up of Desmond's locker on photobucket, but as I said, I can't post links yet).

Oh yeah, the episode was fantastic. One of the series best.

Heading back to lurk mode...

John

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Also Desmond kept calling Jack brother. Could be nothing, could be meant to say the two of them are very similar ie Desmond said he was almost a doctor, or could be a reference to something more.

Desmond slept in the top bunk of a bunk bed. Wonder if the bottom one was being used?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I just find it funny that a recap show pulled in 15 million viewers and beat everything else

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Isn't the French lady's name Roussau???

EDIT: Her name is Danielle Rousseau

todd stone

Screenwriter
Anyone else notice that Jack's hair in the hospital flashback scenes looked like a ........wig. Might be just because his head is shaved on the island, and depending on the order they filmed all of this.

It looked real bad tho heh

EricW

Senior HTF Member
his hair was the only thing that made me think the flashback was not from 5 years ago, but 15 years ago :)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
The hair was bad. From now on instead of saying 'bad hair day' it's gonna be 'Jack hair day'. :D

Also, that smoothie looked nasty.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
I'm still waiting for someone to confirm this. Does anyone else remember anything about Shannon & Boone's father dying? I have the premier saved on DVR so I'll be able to hear his name, but I'll need some help to find out if their father's death was mentioned before. If so, then Jack had a hand in a father and son's death.

I'm also anxious to see the numbers on the vial and the gun safe.

I'm going back to season 1 when Sun asked Shannon if she thought they were being punished for things they did before. Jin was obviously into some bad things, but have they shown what Sun did that was so bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks