What's new

LOST season 2 discussion thread...... (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Well, our good (ha, ha) friend Ana-Lucia, AKA (in the real world as) Michelle Rodrigues, had her day in court today.
She got a $500.00 fine and 5 days in jail.

Glenn

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Judge: Bailiff, please slap her wrist for me
Bailiff: *slap*

$500 is a real hardship for a highly-paid celebrity. That's, what, about 30 seconds on the set? :rolleyes

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy, thanks. I will be tunning in for the heck of it.

Malcolm, you want fines to be commensurate with income now? Imagine the next time you get pulled over: "License, registration and W2 sir"...

--
H

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
She wasn't fined at the time she was stopped, she was fined in court. So, yes she should have received a stiffer penalty. It's not the first time she has been in trouble. Can you tell I don't like her character. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
She had the choice of 240 hours of community service (which is a hell of alot if you think about it) or spend 5 days in jail. I guess she thought that 5 days in jail was easier and lower profile than spending weeks doing community service. And it's not like she's going to a jail like on Oz.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The story I read said she was only fined $162 dollars.

Even for a first offense, let alone a second, that is pretty low. It is probably low since she also got the five days in jail. Perhaps the HI courts don’t consider the California conviction when passing out punishment? I can see how they can’t but maybe on of the forum lawyers could chime in on that one.

She is also facing having her probation revoked in California, which could result in sixteen months in jail.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I didn't see this posted anywhere in this thread, but are you
aware that one of the actresses just signed on to do another series
which probably means she's going to get killed off soon?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Haha...If something like that ended up here, I'd be hiding in the closet because of the inevitable flame war.

BTW, that "news" was reported in a major publication/website a couple weeks back...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The actress who is going to be on another show may only be a guest star. This news was out a few weeks ago so it does not mean she is leaving this show.

Another clip show tonight. JOY!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That link had me there for a second: There is a face plastered on the front of that page, and I thought it was her, until i realized that it changed everytime I accessed the page.

The first time, it was Kate :eek:

--
H

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Speculative only:
Since I felt wks back someone would by season finale, I have waffeled on whom as shows went by.
My top contenders (in this order) were Kate, (I’m not sure how I came to that), then Michele, (due to Charlie’s dream in which his mother and Michele are angels and he has to protect the baby. Michael, because he’s living dangerously right now, does not add immensely to the show, but would leave a dilemma of who becomes Walt’s future champion/guardian, since I feel Walt will reappear prominently, in some future episodes. Charlie (just because he’s ‘sweet’ and they like to kill off the likeable guy), Libby was added to my “death watch” list since she appears featured recently, (shows tend to feature who they knock off) and this would dovetail to poor Hurleys’ penchant to collect disaster since his jackpot win. I would hate to see the big guys Midas syndrome reinforced. He’d be a mess.
When I find out who has signed; - they will get an extra point if one of above or be an addition to my list. I still would not count it as a sure thing...the way LOST rotates character themes, depending on contract limitations, this series has greater leeway a character could be maintained via guest appearances.
Since there are 10-15? main characters, and I have included 5, I have an approx. 1in3 chance of being right. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Perfectly fine by me. If I were fined at a similar percentage of income as she was, I could probably settle my fine with whatever change I have in the center console.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
One character is untoucheable though, Jack isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Regardless of how you may feel about him, he's sorta been our avatar on the Island. Much of the first season was seen through his eyes.

Anyone one of them could buy it, and the show would still be fine (yes, even Locke IMO), though character dynamics would considerably change.

But not Jack, without him, no show :D.

Or maybe I am biased.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks