What's new

Lost Season 1 ongoing thread (merged) (14 Viewers)

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
OK, what am I missing....Just watch it next week? Are they replaying tonights episode? Had every intention of catching this tonight, but got waylaid at the last minute. I'd love to catch this from the first episode.

MMMM.... read whole the thread, and answered my own question. Never mind.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
This was a great show. I can't even begin to imagine what is happening on this island. So excited for next weeks conclusion. My sis and I were watching it and we both were commenting on the endless possibilities a show like this could take. Awesome.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Excellent start to this show! This is the only show I've been genuinely looking forward to in a long time, and it did not disappoint. Great premise, interesting characters, an underlying creepiness, very intriguing mystery, wonderful, somber music, etc. Can't wait till the next episode!

The guy getting sucked into the engine was quite cool. I think there's more to Charlie than meets the eye. I like him though. Also, I wonder what's up with the sweet doggie?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I'm not sure about endless. Perhaps a season's worth. If they go too slow, people will lose interest.

And how do they maintain this show over 10 seasons if it's popular? Or do they do a different set-up with a different cast each season?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Saturday after next week, ABC is slated to show the 2-hour pilot episode(s) for "Lost", so those who missed it tonight can try to catch it in 10 days or so.

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I can possible see this going a couple of ways: a dramatic Gilligan's Island, or perhaps a Land of the Lost type thing.
I'd prefer the former, but wouldn't mind the latter either, if it's done right. I don't think this show is setting up to be a 1 season wonder though.

A

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
I liked it enough to watch it again, if only to see what's in the jungle. It will be interesting to see how they keep the show fresh. Maybe they'll do a Gilligan and have weekly guest stars ala' Phil Silvers, Don Rickles or the Harlem Globetrotters. Either way I hope ABC sticks with it for at least a season. I have bad luck with shows I actually like getting canceled.

As for the set up:
I really hope it's not dinosaurs...my guess is that the thing in the jungle is either some sort of Tempest/Id/Forbidden Planet type beast (all of the talk of "fear). Or maybe some sort of M. Night Shamalamdingdong reveal like the Village.

Can't wait to find out.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I hope they don't even try. I would much rather have a few really good seasons and be done. Felicity was 4.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Coolest plane crash I've seen yet!
So technically, next week's episode is the last half of the pilot and not a new episode right?
Anyways, I really liked it and I think this one will be a good one.
One thing I noticed, is that we only know like 3 of their names. We've got a long season to get to know everybody else. I bet we learn 1 or 2 people's names per episode.
..and oh yea, the show looked good in HD.:emoji_thumbsup:

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
I am pretty sure that Kate used to be a Hardware girl on the videogame show Judgment Day on G4techTV.
Now where are some pics of the monster? :D I don't want to invest my time into this show only to be dissappointed by some awful looking cgi monster.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I couldn't get into all of the hand held camera work - it makes me sick, and it looks like some shmo with a cam-corder who doesn't know how to hold the camera. And I also had problems with a jet engine running at full blast with no source of fuel. Then they land on Godzilla island...I'll be passing on this one.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

It was cycling up and down, not running at full blast (except it must have spiked to suck that guy into it). And given the explosion of the engine when the guy was sucked in, as well as the huge explosion when the wing fell, there had to be a fair amount of fuel still present there somewhere. I'm willing to "suspend disbelief" enough to think there was still a partial connection of a fuel hose to the engine that would allow it to sputter and cycle like that.

Robin Warren

Second Unit

Wow, way to give it a chance. Unless you know something about the reveal, I can't see how you can call it Godzilla Island.

As to how they can keep the show going??? Well they can rebuild a civilization, they could have warring factions, they can run into existing civilizations on the island, it is endless.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Let me explain...

Godzilla Island - A man was pulled from out of the cockpit window of the plane when it was 20 ft in the air, and splatted back onto the window of that plane. Along with the earth shaking footsteps. Must be some sort of Godzilla monster.

And as far and the engine - It is a rear engine of a jet staning alone in some wreckage...there is no way it has fuel going to it. And them some stupid explosions happen for no reasons...

This show just hit me the wrong way - and they have lost a viewer...if you like it, then more power to you.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
It would be much better if we never see what's in the jungle. Leave it to our imaginations which would conjur up far more frightening things than they could ever show us.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Well I am not disagreeing with your faults in the show, it just seems to be kind of premature to assume it is some kind of supernatural monster.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
What a let-down.

As for the "monster"... meh. I suspect it's another element borrowed from "Lord of the Flies". And cheapened. You know, wild boars/wild animals/whatever, but primarily a metaphor for fear of the unknown. But, again, done in a cheap, patronizing way with lots of CGI and LFE.

The hobbit kid was good. Everyone else was the same sort of plastic person you might find on CGI or Alias or any number of other empty, stylized dramas.

I'll tune in one more time, but I really think I've seen enough to cross this off the list of worthy ways to waste my time.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting start and I think I'll watch more to see how it plays out.

I actually have a harder time believing anyone could survive that crash than I do that there is some mythical monster in the forest. The tail of the plane is gone and the front of the plane/cockpit is miles away. I guess those planes really do land themselves! Okay...

ot

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks