What's new

Lost In Space - Season 2 R2 release (1 Viewer)

Jan Anderson

Auditioning
I have the deepest respect for the technical knowledge that is expressed here. I wish I had some of it.
Since I live in Europe, I watch dvd's on a PAL system, so in my case there should be no extra conversion back to NTSC.

I have bought a lot of dvd's from the US and never had any problem with the 4% speed-up.
It may be noticeable to me if I had the original audio to compare it with, though.

In fact, this is only the second time I have ever bought an R2 TV Series.
The first was The Persuaders - The Complete Series in Oct 2003.

My LIS - Season 1 is R1 and I just love it.
I guess I would have bought Season 2 R1 as well, split season or not, if this R2 complete box had not been released.

All I know is that the LIS - Season 2 episodes looks better than I have ever seen them before and that´s all it takes to make me happy.
They make me remember watching them when I was a child. They make me feel good and I think that's what really counts.

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
There is no speed-up when watching discs imported from the US, as these are at the correct speed. The 4% speed-up is inherent in the conversion of any film-based material when it is telecined to 625/50 ('PAL').

Phil.Br

Auditioning
I have bought the UK set and noticed they were cut episodes.
I was wondering if the US, 2 volume sets have the uncut episodes.
Examples
The Girl from the Green Dimension
Athena visits Smith and lures him to the telescope and he sees the Robinsons gathered for breakfast and himself entering and talking to Don.

Space Vikings
Dr Smith orders the robot to take responsibility for Thor's hammer hitting the camp site.

There's others but I'm assuming if these to are intact the other episodes will be also

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks