What's new

Lost classic found: Beyond The Rocks (1922) (1 Viewer)

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Pretty big news in Holland:

The only movie which stars both Rudolph Valentino and Gloria Swanson has been found: Sam Wood's Beyond The Rocks (1922). It has been found searching the archives of a Dutch collector that recently passed away. Currently restoration work is being done, the movie will be publicly viewable in 2005.

EDIT: The BBC have a nice article up at their website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3635019.stm

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
This is fantastic news! Any found film is a terrific contribution to cinematic history but a film with both Valentino AND Swanson! :cool: This film frequently makes top 10 lists of most regrettably lost movies and it'll be a treat to see once it's fully restored.

I wonder if they'll find anything else??

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
That's very exciting! I can't wait to see it. Isn't it funny how a film I had no particular interest in seeing suddenly becomes exciting simply because it's "lost"? :D

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This is excellent news. I've never heard of the film previously, but anticpate watching it.

Hopefully, they'll find more gems in this collection. Why do people have these collections, but do nothing with them? I'm continually amazed that it takes sombody's death to find some films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks