Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu Ray set for release November 3rd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by oscar_merkx, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Yahoo has a trailer up for the HD versions of these. Kinda odd they'd release a trailer now when the films are 3+ months away from streeting.

In the meantime I've been buying up the United Cutlery Swords of these films. Four down, another auction closing tomorrow.

2. John Alderson

John Alderson Supporting Actor

I maintain that the theatrical versions are ultimately better films than the EE's; though there is tons of stuff in the EE's that I love, there's also a bit that just feels wrong. I watch them about equally.

So my hesitation with these isn't that they're the theatricals, I without a doubt need to own those, it's that with Blu Ray technology I assume the eventual EE release will include the theatricals as well.

Who am I kidding, I'm going to buy these. I'm the king of movie repurchasing anyway (I have bought four different editions of Blade Runner, ferchrissakes).

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Yes, the theatrical versions will be coming out on Blu-ray April 6th of 2010.

Crawdaddy

4. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Screenwriter

We can be fairly sure that won't happen (unless the EE release is many many years from now, which we can also be fairly sure won't happen) ,simply because that would cost them sales of this existing set.