What's new

Lord Of The Rings, The: The Motion Picture Trilogy (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Personally, I would love a new set of these films with a non-scene-specific Treebeard commentary track....

;)

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I know so much behind the scenes info about the LOTR films, I could recreate the 5 year production process in my backyard from memory.

I'm satisfied with what I have :D

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
There is nothing else they could add to these sets that I would want. I'll get Return of the King, and that will be that.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
If there is one set of DVDs that makes you say "thanks, i've had enough," it's the LOTR extended editions. Taking in all of the supplements, extended scenes, drawings, etc. is already overload and takes most people multiple sittings to watch in their entirety. Anything else would go beyond the scope of the actual production, bordering on psychotic fascination. However, its great that some film makers take the time to give you everything you want and then some.

david*mt

Second Unit
On another note, did anyone else prefer the DD EX track on the theatrical version of TTT over the DTS and DD tracks on the EE? I own the EE and recently borrowed the theatrical version from a friend because I had never seen that cut of the film before. Anyway, I thought the DD EX track on just had more bass and more going on in the surrounds than the other tracks. On the FOTR, I thought the DTS was hands down the winner but not the case on the TTT.

Don

Second Unit
widescreen and full screen will be available on May 25th. anyone know if the Extended version will have a Trilogy as well. Don,

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
How much? I've held off on purchasing the theatrical releases individually and purchsed the extended editions, but if the price is right (under $45) I would probably pick it up to have both versions of the film.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'll answer my own question... $58 according to amazon, but I REALLY hope some of the B&Ms have it as a loss leader on the 25th because $58 is exactly the same as buying them individually from amazon. If no one has it under $45 I may just pick them up individually from Half.com.

SvenS

Second Unit
Watch Costco! This is the type boxset they like to do their secret bigtime sales on. Remember the Alien Quadrilogy for a mere $42.00 they had?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Nope. New Line has yet to announce the full details of the RotK EE & gift set.

If I were a betting man, I would put money on NL releasing a box of the three EEs, but it's more than likely just going to be the three EEs in a cardboard slipcase, similar to the theatrical edition trilogy set. Nice for those who haven't purchased any, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks