What's new

Lord of the Rings extended cut PQ vs. original dvd?? (1 Viewer)

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
I think the picture quality is a little better on the EE, but I have to disagree about the DTS track.The bass on the DTS track is nearly non-existant , and every time I saw it in the theater, you could FEEL it, just as you can on both DD tracks.
Hmmmm...........my roommate seems to think the DTS track is pretty strong. ;)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
For what its worth, I thought I'd point out that the theatrical trailers have bits from scenes that were cut from the theatrical release (which is common) but appear in the EE.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For the people who say the bass on the DTS track is "nonexistent" is quite frankly an exaggeration. Yes it is lower than the DD track on the original DVD. Now you can argue which one was closer to the theatrical experience since I know you all have photographic memory. But I will say that on my calibrated home system the bass on the DTS track of the EE is definitely present and can rumble. Sure not as loud as the DD, but to my ears it is more balanced and I prefer that. I only saw the theatrical cut once in the theaters so I don't have a reference point since I'm willing to admit I do not have photographic memory!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks