What's new

Lord of the Rings EE Slipcase $3 (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
They really look nice in the box. Of course, you have to shake them out, but that's the price you pay.

ReaganG

Agent
Hey guys,

[rant]I was just wondering if there is any places on the web where you can buy extra boxes for situations like this. Is there a vendor that sells officially licensed boxes without the movies? I get too impatient and buy movies individually and never can hold out for the boxed sets and I think it would be awesome if I could could just go and order just the darn box. [/rant]

Anyone know of any places that do this? If anyone uses this idea to start a business, please give me free boxes!

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Now i'm getting worried. I ordered mine on 12/17 received an e-mail confirmation but nothing since then. They still haven't charged my card either. I don't want to end up with 2 or miss out either, sonofa.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I ordered mine on 12/16 and got the order confirmation via e-mail. That's it. No slipcase yet either. 1/27 is the 6-week point so since it said 6-8 weeks, there are two more weeks within this time frame.
-

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Funny. I got my shipping confirmation email (at least) two days after I'd received the slipcase.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I guess I'll contribute the first horror story to the thread...

I arrived home on Wednesday evening from work (which was awful in and of itself, but that's neither here nor there) to find the package from New Line sitting against my apartment door. "Hooray!", I thought. Until I noticed why it was sitting against the door.

Apparently, someone at the US Postal Service thought it would be a good idea to ram some sharp object completely through the side of the box and make a three inch wide puncture hole that completely destroyed the spine of the slipcase. I'm not talking a pinhole; I'm talking big enough for a child's hand to go through.

Needless to say, the slipcase was beyond repair, so it just went out in the garbage. I considered calling New Line to tell them what had happened, but I decided against it, as it wasn't their fault that the box was impaled by someone along the way, and it wouldn't be worth the time or trouble, since I've got much larger issues to worry about.

I just resigned myself to the fact that I paid three bucks for nothing but some heavy cardboard that is going to rot in a landfill.

Good to hear that the positive stories are outweighing the bad though.

MikeHerbst

Stunt Coordinator
Eww... I was just getting excited because I got my shipping notification, but I certainly don't want it showing up with any HOLES in it!

To keep the data flowing:
Ordered 12/20, got shipping notification 2/4 (6 1/2 weeks)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I got this e-mail from New Line when I inquired about my order:

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF MY ORDER?
You will receive an e-mail receipt of your order which includes instructions on how to track the status of your order. You may also visit http://shop.newline.com and click on the Track Your Order link in the left hand toolbar of any page to get to your Order Status page. You will also receive an e-mail from us -- complete with tracking information -- when your order ships.

If your information shows up, then at least it went through. It will tell you if your order shipped or not. BTW, my order confirmation did not include instructions on how to check my order.
-

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Mine arrived last week in fantastic shape. No PO horror story, thank goodness.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
is this still available?
I bought return of the king ee first day.. but still havent watched it yet..
I do want to still get the slipcase.. anyone know if this offer is still on?
thanks

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
At Keith's suggestion, I just "tracked my order" at newline.com.

Ordered 12/16/04 at 6:18pm

My order status currently is "Order placed". They have not yet charged me for the box, nor has it shipped.

Thanks, Keith!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Oh, the actual reply from a NL rep said that according to their website, it can now take 8-10 weeks (up from 6-8 weeks). Mine hasn't shipped either and I ordered it on 12/16/04.
-

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
I received mine yesterday, in perfect condition. No emails beforehand or anything, but then I might not have given them one, it's too long ago. Also, they just charged me yesterday as well, so overall a very smooth experience! :emoji_thumbsup:

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread