What's new

Lord of the Rings EE Slipcase $3 (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I'm sure they aren't spending the whole $3 on shipping. Shipping will be around $1 to $1.50 the rest will cover their other costs.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious as to how they're actually going to ship these. I was at Target on Friday and saw the box set of the three EEs on the shelves, and I could not figure out a way to send them without incurring possible damage in shipment, unless they went the extra mile with the packing material.

I don't know if I explained that well, so here goes: we're paying three bucks for an empty box that, sturdy though it looks in retail outlets, is going to be sent by itself with no individual boxes inside to keep it from being crushed. The box I saw didn't look like it could be "refolded" to fit in a flat padded envelope (I'm assuming the mailaway offer will be the same one), so they'd have to send the slipcase inside a larger box with plenty of cushioning both inside and outside the slipcase to prevent damage. I'm hoping they actually have a pre-cut "filler box" to put inside the slipcase to keep it from being crushed as easily, but still, it's probably going to be a slightly above size box when sent out.

That said, I'd just like to say thank you to New Line for making this available. A very cool offer to those of us who have bought them a year at a time for minimal cost. One more reason why they are one of, if not the best DVD studios out there.

Yes, I'm paranoid. :D

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
I get your logic and all. Personally I'd prefer storing all 3 Extended Editions in a more study containment such as a large Tupperware box. Or a wooden treasure chest with my other DVDs.

Luke Foust

Stunt Coordinator

I just assumed they would ship them flat and we would have to assembly/fold them ourselves. Doesn't this seem much more likely?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Well, as someone noted, the box currently in stores is not designed to be flattened. If it's the same box in the offer, they can certainly flatten it but it wouldn't be pretty and we wouldn't be happy :)

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
I remember ordering the slip case for the Jurassic Park series a few years ago. It was designed to be folded, and would have been fine that way, but the post office bent it anyway.

I am not hopeful as to the condition that I will get it in, but I am grateful to have it offered at all.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
A big ol' chunck of styrofoam inside seems likely to me. We'll get our slipcases at the expense of the environment.:) I feel myself growing more like Saruman already.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I recieved my email within a couple minutes (On the day the DVD came out). Did you note down the "Order Confirmation Number?" Mine is 7 digits beginning with 255xxxx

You can probably find contact info at NewLineShop.com and have them look it up.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I wasn't going to get this but I just placed my order so I wouldn't regret NOT getting it while it is still available.
I guess I should of done it the day I bought the set (release date).
Oh well. I can wait. I'm using the bookends that came with FOTR to hold them now. (probably still will when the slipcase arrives)

(p.s. I also got an email confirmation seconds after placing the order)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I got no shipping confirmation, BUT

my box came today!!:D

It was in a cardbosard box just big enough to contain it. No foam inside to protect it.

My box appeared to have been handled with great care, and by sipcase is in immaculate condition.

However, I fear for those who might not be so fortunate. There's nothing to prevent the whole thing from being smashed during shipment.:frowning:

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Some good news/bad news I suppose. We'll see if we hear some horror stories or not. Is it a pretty sturdy slipcase?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's like a decently thick cardboard case (not a flimsy paper case). I got mine today in a box, and it survived the postal gauntlet, so I'm happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks