Looper

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DaveF, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I forgot it was JGL most of the time, so that wouldn't have helped!
    If you pick anything apart, it's going to fall to pieces. The only part I'm still thinking about is the ending:
    Is it at all possible Cid is Joe? Young Joe told the stripper he liked it when his mother ran her fingers through his hair. And the last thing we see is Sara running her fingers through Cid's hair. Coincidence?
    I know this flies in the face of what happens to Young and Old Joe: Young kills himself and Old disappears. But it is fun to speculate.

2. RobotDolphin

RobotDolphin Stunt Coordinator

Bob
    Good movie... love JGL. Prosthetics on his face were a bit weird, though.

3. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

I was very impressed with this film. I agree with pretty much everything others have said (both the good and bad). I just found myself very entertained. It really was like watching a mash-up of three different movies. I never knew what the primary plot-line was until the end. Was a fun ride and one of those that are fun to think about and talk about afterwards. The young child actor was amazing. He was perfect for the part. Great acting and a unnatural creepiness about him. One of the few movies that I have watched recently that left me satisfied!

4. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Good catch with the hair.... It does make one wonder. If you look at age difference, since he is killing himself at a much older age and the BW character is much older, in theory the younger kid would still be alive at the point when he kills himself..... hmm... another brain teaser!

5. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I like that, Rhett! I hadn't considered the action only goes forward in time and not backward! Maybe I need to revisit the movie to see what else can corroborate or debunk the idea now...