What's new

Looks like The Blues Brothers is in the works... (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
According to this Aint It Cool interview with John Landis:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48756

JL: It comes out on Blu-Ray this year.

Capone: Oh great. When's that happening? Do you know?

JL: I don’t know, but I just approved it. It’s gorgeous. They cleaned it up. The picture is well photographed by Stephen Katz, and they really cleaned it up. It looks polished. It’s beautiful.

Capone: Anything new on the Blu-Ray?

JL: I don’t think so. I mean, they're making new extra stuff, but they wanted me to do a commentary, but I don’t do commentaries.
Shame about not doing a commentary. He's done a couple before and the group commentary on Kentucky Fried Movie is one of the funniest things I've ever listened to.

As for the picture quality, considering Landis asked Universal to add grain back into Animal House when they did the transfer for the last DVD release, hopefully The Blues Brothers will look like an actual movie.

The other big question is... which version will we get? Theatrical, extended, or both? I'd love to get both even though the extended version is my preferred method of viewing at the moment. There's only one extension I don't like (the police cars' tires blowing out) but it's worth it for the longer musical numbers.

As for extras, I'm really hoping we get a Bio Channel documentary on this film, like we got with Caddyshack and Animal House. A trivia track would be nice in lieu of a commentary, too. And there's a clean version of the deleted song "Sink the Bismark" floating around out there. It would make a great audio bonus.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Nice! I would love to have this on blu-ray but will only buy it if its the extended version, though I agree that both versions should be included. Sink the Bismark would be a nice extra too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks