Looks like no MIDNIGHT MOVIES from MGM this summer...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, May 12, 2004.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Despite DVD Drive-In's prediction to "Rest assured" there would be another collection of Midnight Movies in August (I don't know how they can be so certain), it is evident that won't be happening. The Kolchak double-feature looks to be the only title that would qualify as part of the series, but isn't being released under that banner. In addition, we will get a bunch of non-genre cult films. Looks like no BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW or BURN WITCH BURN yet again. Good to hear SMILE is coming out, though.

2. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

Why would they post that they were coming if they weren't? I'm sure it's just that they haven't been announced yet. Lot's of things for August are still getting announced.

3. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    George Reis is very reliable when it comes to this series so I'm going to take his word that something will be released. Hopefully they dig into their 1950's titles more than say the more recent stuff.

I've heard rumors that the older releases will eventually be re-released as double features, which would be nice. The COUNT YORGA disc really needs the sequel added and the two PHIBES films could be put together.

4. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Hope you are both correct. DVD Drive-In is a fun site and they seem to have some inside information, so I hope I'm wrong. It's just been a v- e r-y long time since the last batch of Midnight Movies.

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Where's my Incredible Melting Man I Have to have him !

6. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

I wouldn't worry too much. They always come out at least in August, so I'm sure a batch is in the works. I believe Synapse Films now has the rights to THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN though.