Looks like Night Court Season 6 is coming out via MOD DVD on 7/17/2012

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by rmw650, Jun 25, 2012.

1. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=135650
    Just saw the above post and it seems as if this title might be coming out in a few weeks time via the MOD DVD format.

2. skees53

skees53 Stunt Coordinator

It could be sooner than that... as soon as tomorrow, in fact. A fellow reviewer for the website where I also write DVD reviews actually received a review copy of this set a little over a week ago with notification that Warner plans to begin selling it on their website on June 26th (tomorrow). Although it is possible that it could be delayed and that 7/17 may be a "revised" release date... the reviewer has indicated to me that his copy included some episodes which appeared to be syndicated versions, and we all remember the fiasco with season 4.

3. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    David,
    That I didn't even know as with MODs, I guess you can release them anytime one wishes to do so, but this was the first time I even heard this was going to be made available, via VIDEOETA.com and most of the time, they're on the button with those release dates, but if it comes out earlier, even better then. Haven't heard anything yet on Becker Season 4 though.

4. skees53

The DVDs are now listed and shipping from Warner Archive!

5. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I don't remember, I was unaware of these. I have the first 3 seasons on pressed discs. How are the Archive releases? Syndicated cuts? Actually how were the pressed discs in regards to those? I love this show and want them all.

6. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    Tory,
    There were initial problems with the Seaon 4 set due to them having syndicated cuts of certain episodes and episodes being out of order, but I heard the studio cleared up those issues and Season 5 was fine, so Season 6 shouldn't be an issue if you do decide to order it. Waiting for a coupon code to help knock the price down just a little bit.

7. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    I came across this thread after watching "Rock-a-Bye Baby" from this set, which I ordered through WBShop.com. There seemed to be an abrupt cut so I checked the run-time and it was almost 2 minutes shorter than the other episodes. I found the episode online and it did contain a scene that is not on the DVD. The scene in question is at the 5:40 mark after Christine brings the baby into the courtroom and says she has to be changed. Everyone reacts to the smell, then the cut happens. On the website (http://www.ytepisodes.com/watch.php?id=2969), you can see it at the 5:40 mark. But this scene (where Harry says, "That's a 5!" and Bull says, "Stay low!") is not on the DVD. Interestingly, this episode (and others) on this site are shortened to 22 minutes.
    I never heard about a replacement/exchange program for Season 4. Does anyone have any information? I contacted WBShop.com a few days ago but they haven't responded with any exchange information yet.
    Thanks!

8. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    They ran it about a year ago after the numerous complaints were issued by consumers as to the episodes being edited and out of order on the Season 4 set and such, so they either refunded one's money for the set or exchanged it for a newer and re-modified set that has all the right stuff on there now. Don't know if it still applies but you can always call them to find out.

9. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    I called WBShop.com and since I didn't purchase it from them (I know I bought it soon after it was released but other online e-tailers I use don't have this title listed as one of my orders), I'd have to contact "WB.com" which I just did. But on their automated reply e-mail, it says that I may not get a response because of the volume of messages they get. Thankfully, I included a shipping address in my inquiry so if they do just send me a replacement set, I might not have to wait again by playing e-mail tag.
    What's strange is that I can find order history for Seasons 2, 3 (both from Amazon) and 5 (WBShop.com). But if I bought it soon after it was released, shouldn't it have been from WBShop.com? Amazon and other e-tailers wouldn't be able to sell it until a later date, right? And I know I didn't buy it second-hand.
    So how do I get a replacement set???
    And now the shortened episode on Season 6?
    :huh: :f

10. skees53

Good luck on getting a replacement set. While I deeply appreciate Warner Archive for what they do right, their customer service for defective orders from wbshop.com is lousy. I, too, have the defective season 4 set, and nobody will do a thing about it. I ordered Benson S2 (a Sony product, but nonetheless, I ordered it from wbshop.com) in April and I received the set with the missing episode. Despite the fact that the set has been fixed, they are not offering on their website the fixed copy and will neither replace it nor offer me a refund unless the order is in their database. Oddly enough, even though I have the packing slip and the email confirmation of the order from wbshop.com, the order is completely missing from my account online (apparently if the product page disappears for what every item in your order, then the order disappears too), so they claim that there is nothing that they can do about it and I'm just stuck with the defective set. It is very likely that you did order that Night Court S4 set from wbshop.com, because the original product page disappeared for several months, and once restored, I'm pretty sure it was a new page.

11. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Thanks for the information about disappearing orders on WBShop.com. I am/was 99.9% sure I ordered it from them. But I will be adamant about getting a copy, when they respond to my e-mail. Hopefully the WB.com Customer Service will respond.
    I'm surprised that TVShowsonDVD.com didn't get word about a replacement program because their last entry for Season 4 said that they'd notify us when they got word. When I recently checked other forums, I found one that said that WB did announce a replacement program and that they sent new discs without customers having to send back the old ones. (That is, if they bought them from WBshop.com.)
    A long time ago (during the laserdisc era), I e-mailed WB about getting replacement laserdiscs for some that suffered from laser rot. They were very helpful and quick in responding and I got my replacements very quickly. I would hope it'd be the same today.
    Season 6 has episode run-times as such:
    "Danny Got His Gun Part 2" (23:08)
    "Danny Got His Gun Part 3" (23:53)
    "Fire" (23:51)
    "Harry and the Tramp" (23:35)
    "Educating Rhoda" (24:21)
    "The Last Temptation of Mac" (24:04)
    "The Law Club" (24:22)
    "The Night Court of the Living Dead" (24:11)
    "The Night Court Before Christmas" (24:18)
    "Mental Giant" (24:19)
    "Rock-a-Bye Baby" (22:42)
    "The Clip Show Part 1" (22:31)
    "The Clip Show Part 2" (22:36)
    "The Trouble Is Not In Your Set" (23:57)
    "The Game Show" (24:22)
    "This Old Man..." (23:56)
    "Strange Bedfellows" (24:08)
    "From Snoop to Nuts Part 1" (24:20)
    "From Snoop to Nuts Part 2" (24:13)
    "Pen Pal" (24:17)
    "Not My Type" (24:18)
    "Yet Another Day In the Life" (24:01)
    Three 22-minute episodes and one just over 23 minutes. I don't know the syndicated and broadcast run-times but the difference between them and the 24+ minute episodes kind of stand out. But it is a fact that one episode has been short-changed ("Rock-a-Bye Baby").