What's new

Looks like NBA Street vol. 2 is out a lil' early ... (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I have the PS2 version the extras are pretty sweet. The trailer for SSX 3 is kinda lame (thesame one they have over at ign.)

Damien

Supporting Actor
I'm playing on the medium setting, and not owning street 1, am having a hell of a time winning games. I don't believe in playing on easy, but this game tests my temper.

Bob East

Agent
Well, my friends and I played NBA Street 2 last night on both the Xbox and Playstation 2. And my decision has been made-it's the Playstation 2 version. The reason is similar to the decision I made last year to get NCAA 2003 on the PS2 instead of the Xbox. In a word, CONTROLS. The PS2 version of NCAA had 4 controller configurations you could select from and only 2 on the Xbox. For some people that was not a problem. For me however, only the PS2 version had a control configuration which had the sprint button the same for both offense and defense. While the Xbox version had slighly better graphics, the better controls on the PS2 version won the day for me(it's too bad gaming companies don't institute control button mapping on every game-then this would not be as much of an issue).

The decision is the same for NBA Street 2. The graphics are slightly better on the Xbox, but as with most EA games the difference is indeed slight. However, with the Xbox version you have to use 2 trick buttons in combination with the 2 top turbo buttons and the pushing in the left analog stick(3rd turbo). With the PS2 version, there is only one trick button to be used along the top 4 turbo buttons. For some gamers, the control on the Xbox is fine. However, I believe most gamers will prefer the controls on the PS2 especially those who own the first on the PS2 and have played it to death like me. The controls are essentially the same in this version except for new moves etc. There has been some pretty active debate on some forums as to whether the Xbox version is leaving some moves out because it does not have 4 turbo buttons. However, I do not believe this is the case. And to me, it is a moot point anyways since the controls simply feel better on the PS2. I did try using the Innovation Xbox adaptor I have which allows me to use PS2 controllers on the Xbox. On some games, this has proved to be very helpful(although I enjoy using the Controller S for the Xbox on most games). However, on NBA Street 2 it made no difference at all since you still had to use 2 trick buttons and 3 turbos. I hope this helps those trying to decide which system to buy the game for. If you only have one system, do not fret as the game as most people have said is truly great on all 3 systems. The only problem that seemed to crop up tonight in terms of gameplay was that it seems it might be to easy to block shots in this game compared to Vol 1. I'll just have to play more to find out-looking forward to it. Enjoy the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks