What's new

Looks like Maverick will head to DVD... (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Here's a 20% off $25.00 code for wbshop.com RETAILME20P The code is active until March 31,2014. It worked on Maverick 4 for me today.NOTE: This code does not work at shop.warnerarchive.com

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
I just ordered Seasons 3 and 4. I understand both of these are MOD. Has there been any feedback on the quality of the discs yet? I'm also curious to know how I can tell if the discs are pressed or not.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
ljgranberry said:
I just ordered Seasons 3 and 4. I understand both of these are MOD. Has there been any feedback on the quality of the discs yet? I'm also curious to know how I can tell if the discs are pressed or not.
Season 3 is still on the "Replicated Disc" section of the archive which means they still have pressed copies. Season 4 was just released and it's been confirmed by Warners that it, too, is pressed for the initial run although it's not yet in the Replicated Disc section of the site.

To tell for sure look at the data layer. If it's silver it's pressed, if purplish it's MOD.

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
BobO'Link said:
Season 3 is still on the "Replicated Disc" section of the archive which means they still have pressed copies. Season 4 was just released and it's been confirmed by Warners that it, too, is pressed for the initial run although it's not yet in the Replicated Disc section of the site.

To tell for sure look at the data layer. If it's silver it's pressed, if purplish it's MOD.
I received Season 3 from Amazon and it is definitely MOD. What are my chances of getting a pressed copy through the WB store at this date?

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
BobO'Link said:

Howie, I would appreciate your feedback on the best way to order from the Warner Archive site to receive a pressed disc (if possible) of Season 3. Thanks for the info in advance.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
ljgranberry said:
Howie, I would appreciate your feedback on the best way to order from the Warner Archive site to receive a pressed disc (if possible) of Season 3. Thanks for the info in advance.
*IF* a title is on the "Replicated Disks" link at the Warner Archive site (that list does is not present on the Shop Warner store site) you *should* receive a pressed copy *IF* you order from either Warner Shop *or* Warner Archives *unless* they just happen to run out right before your order is processed. Use whichever site that has the best coupon. Currently that would be the main Warner site and *not* the archives site. Inventory for both sites comes from the same stock.

They just added Maverick S4 to the list on that link. S3 is still there so you should receive pressed copies if ordered from directly from either Warner site.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
ljgranberry said:
I received Season 3 from Amazon and it is definitely MOD. What are my chances of getting a pressed copy through the WB store at this date?
Amazon does their own production and all Warner Archives titles on Amazon are always MOD. You should probably get pressed disks anywhere else,even now.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Thanks Ray! I meant to put that in and just forgot. Basically any other vendor is a crap shoot. A few sites (Deep Discount and a DVD Planet from what I recall reading - maybe others) tend to have pressed copies early in the product cycle but ordering from either of the Warners sites as long as a title is listed in the Replicated Disc section pretty much insures a pressed copy.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I am hoping that with the season 5 release, not yet announced, that we will finally see Bart back on the DVD case!!! Was kinda surprised that, with 2 cases for season 4, one didn't feature Bart and one Beau. I even thought that maybe brother Brent would be found on the case.

Season 4 could have easily have featured all four Mavericks from that season - Bart, Beau, Brent and Bret.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Season 5 remember will only be a half season's worth of episodes or so since out of ratings desperation reruns of Garner episodes alternated with the new Kelly ones. At the very least it should be a lower priced single volume set as opposed to S4 with the double volume set.

The only other Warner western I would sample beyond this is "The Alaskans". If it weren't for the fact that the Samantha Crawford character was introduced in a S2 "Cheyenne" I likely wouldn't have gotten any of that series.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I enjoyed all of Cheyenne, as well as the sampling I've tried so far from Maverick and Sugarfoot. So I guess I would be in for Colt 45 and Bronco, if/when they are released.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I've also enjoyed all the WB westerns. Cheyenne and Sugarfoot were blind buys. Maverick was the only one I had seen before. While I do like Maverick I always find myself wanting to like it more than I actually do. Despite that I do like the show quite a bit and like everything James Garner is in. Cheyenne is my favorite that I have seen so far as the plots tend to move fast, although they ran out of new plots by the 5th season but its still entertaining all the way through. I really want Lawman as well. I've only seen a few on Encore westerns but have liked what I have seen. I avoided watching anymore so that I could save them for a DVD release. Colt .45, Bronco,The Alaskans and The Dakotas would all be instant purchases as well.
smithbrad said:
I enjoyed all of Cheyenne, as well as the sampling I've tried so far from Maverick and Sugarfoot. So I guess I would be in for Colt 45 and Bronco, if/when they are released.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Randy Korstick said:
I've also enjoyed all the WB westerns. Cheyenne and Sugarfoot were blind buys. Maverick was the only one I had seen before. While I do like Maverick I always find myself wanting to like it more than I actually do. Despite that I do like the show quite a bit and like everything James Garner is in. Cheyenne is my favorite that I have seen so far as the plots tend to move fast, although they ran out of new plots by the 5th season but its still entertaining all the way through. I really want Lawman as well. I've only seen a few on Encore westerns but have liked what I have seen. I avoided watching anymore so that I could save them for a DVD release. Colt .45, Bronco,The Alaskans and The Dakotas would all be instant purchases as well.
I did manage to pickup all the Lawman episodes off Encore when they aired. I've watched a handful of them so far and they are enjoyable. I like Russell and Brown and can only imagine it gets even better when Peggie Castle joins the cast. The bitrate of the captures was a bit lower than I had hoped for, like you I am somewhat waiting to see if WB releases it to see it in a bit better quality. From everything I've heard Dakotas would be a purchase for me as well.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Randy Korstick said:
Maverick Season 5 is now up for pre-order. Available on 4/29. I didn't expect to see it this fast. Its good to see another Black and White show released.
The price is a better one at $34.95 (or as I like to call 'em - $35) *BUT* it's a short 13 episodes so it's really more expensive. It's also not on the replicated list nor does the current description indicate it will be pressed initially. I'll probably wait until it's confirmed as pressed before pulling the trigger (and looking for a "good" coupon) but, still, it's nice to see this coming so fast!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Just about all of their recent TV show sets have been pressed but they don't always announce it in advance. I would be extremely surprised if this is not pressed. Cheyenne has been pressed since season 4 and both seasons of Sugarfoot are pressed so I can't see why this wouldn't be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks