What's new

Looking to pick out a projector (1 Viewer)

Real Name
dave
Hi guys, I will be in the market for a new projector within the next year or year and a half and am a little unsure of what direction to go in and what reviews to trust on what products. My hopes are for great 3d capabilities, nice contrast, and possibly 4k upscaling done on the projector end because theres a possibility my seating is a bit closer than recommended to not need upscaling due to size of room. Currently I'm using a 90in projection screen and a dlp projector that does 720p. I have full control of light for the room. I'm not made of money but I do understand this could be a big purchase and so I would put my cap around 4,000 dollars or less. I've looked at lcd/dlp/and dila projectors but am unsure of how to begin comparing the pros and cons so any suggestions or insight into all of what I've said so far would be appreciated.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There is no "con" for D-ILA...except maybe in price....but $4000 gets you comfortable...but...
If you are a year away, to 18 months away...that is almost 2 cycles of product...and nearing 3...from now.
New product is always announced Dec-Feb and released to the market Mar-Jul.
So, if you are that far out...

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
If you are not looking to buy until 12-18 months from now, don't drive yourself crazy now because what you want doesn't even exist yet.

Real Name
dave
Thanks for the input and advice you guys. I will wait and not destroy my mind trying to figure out what I will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks