What's new

looking into avr have questions (1 Viewer)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
i know im just looking at different things kinda who may have the best prices when they do come out. i saw that onkyo mrsp was 499 which is a lil more than i wanna pay but i know thats just their site

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
exactly what i figured which would be more what i would be ok. id like to top out on the avr at 400. i did see on accessories4less.com they had a denon referb for 100 bucks

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
so ive been thinking if i have the cable just plugged straight into tv with no STB when i get surround sound how would i get sound for cable from tv to avr to speakers? i see an optical option which is how i do my tv right now with a cheaper sound bar in the bed room.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
wait whats ATSC tuner? i dont think i have that (for now anyways) in the room where the avr will be going.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
so what your saying is that even tho its not hdmi or hd quality picture when i hook up the digital optic ill still get full quality audio i wont have any problems with surround sound.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
bjballar41 said:
so what your saying is that even tho its not hdmi or hd quality picture when i hook up the digital optic ill still get full quality audio i wont have any problems with surround sound.
That depends on your cable company.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
mines considered a home town provider as they actually have the fastest internet speed in my area its ellijay telephone company northganow.com how would i be able to tell?

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
yes i have once i live next to an airport and its not really recommended is it? or maybe u can point me to a good antenna. i did have one but was never able to get it set up or work correctly.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
how big is a large antenna cause the one ive seen is way bigger than i think i can put up on my back deck

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Have you tried raising the antenna off the ground on AW.org?

I have an enormous antenna that picks up Indianapolis, 120 miles away. Of course...I'm on my own 13 acres.

If you are on the top floor of an apartment building, if you have a balcony, you can hoist it above the roof. Doing so greatly reduces the size of the antenna required.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks