What's new

Looking for Superheroes origin book from 1970? (1 Viewer)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I received two hardback books (comic reprints) when i was a kid, back around 1970. One was a Dick Tracy collection and the other had various superheroes in what appeared to be origin or close to origin stories Both were oversized with the Dick Tracy book having a yellow cover and the superhero book a white cover. Bother also lost or given away many years ago. I've found the Dick Tracy, as well as newer volumes depicting all the stories, but I can't locate the superhero book. I can't remember the actual title. I remember a Batman story in it introducing the Joker. Anyone with ideas as to what the title of this book may have been, or can recommend a good replacement like book? Thanks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Probably not it, since the cover isn't white (the back cover is). According to a review, it had a dust jacket. Maybe it was white underneath? http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Origins-Super-DC-Heroes/dp/0517524899/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320002004&sr=1-1

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I saw that one earlier but with the black cover and 1976 release date I dismissed it. However, looking more closely now I think it is it. Maybe this is a re-release 6 years later. Thanks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I can give you some content information. It doesn't look like there's a Joker origin:
1st printing. Written by Dennis O'Neil. Content information compiled by Tyler Swagger. Cover by Neal Adams. Introduction by Carmine Infantino. Featuring the history and creation of DC characters herein featured. Origins included in this book: Superman: Action Comics #1 and Superman Metropolis Edition from 1973; Batman: Detective #33 and Batman #47; Flash: Flash #1 and howcase #4; Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman #1 and #20; Green Lantern: All-American #16 and Showcase #22; Green Arrow: More Fun #89 and Adventure #256; Hawkman: Flash #1 and Brave & Bold #34; The Atom: All-American #19 and Showcase #34; Captain Marvel: Whiz #1; Plastic Man: Police #1. Hardcover, 8 1/2-in. x 11-in., 240 pages, full color. Cover price $10.95.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks