What's new

Looking for a film version of the Odyssey (1 Viewer)

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, fellow film buffs. I'm looking for a film I remember as a kid but I can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere. I'm beginning to doubt it ever existed.

It was a film version of the Odyssey. Or, it at least used scenes from the Odyssey. I recall seeing it sometime in the mid to late 70's. But, it appeared to be older, perhaps from the late 50's to 60's. I've always thought it was a Ray Harryhousen film because of the special effects, but I cannot find any record of this film on any Harryhousen web site. It is possible it was a foreign film and was dubbed. I don't recall. I do recall it being in color.

I remember two scenes from the film that are definitely taken from the Odyssey. The first scene I recall is the one, in which the crew is stranded on an island and are captured by the cyclops, Polyphemus. They escape by imbibing him with wine and blinding him. I remember the cyclops being stop motion (thusly thinking it was a Ray Harryhousen film). The second scene I remember is the one in which the crew is turned into pigs.

So, does this film exist?

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
Of course, the Latin! Thank you ever so much! Look like it's OOP on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks