What's new

Looking for a DVD Copier!!! (1 Viewer)

diane smith

Auditioning
Real Name
diane smith
Hi everyone, I am in videography business and I need to make copies of the original ones frequently. I am presently using software that does it for me but I have been getting complaints about the quality that’s cloned. Do you people know about any better software that can do the same thing without comprising on the quality?

Thanks in advance!!!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
from the RULES.

5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow discussion of bootleg material or where or how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make “personal” copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or (c) how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes.

In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it, and it is not going to change. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We’re not interested in discussing what the law should be. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.

I'm not sure why anyone (EVERYONE SO FAR) is ASSUMING that this question is in any way related to copyright infringement. There are legitimate reasons to be making copies! There must be good answers to this question. I'm not knowledgeable about this topic, but someone out there must be. Aren't there DVD copy programs that aren't for the purpose of defeating copy protection, but rather, for the purpose of copying NON- copyrighted material? So, the question is, what is the name of some of the better of these programs.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
That Rule is carefully drafted. Note the underlined words. They were deliberately chosen and carefully placed.

As asked, the question is permissible under the Rule. But it seems to me that the first thing Ms. Smith should tell us is what software she's currently using and in what way the results are unsatisfactory.

M.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The OP might want to consider a hardware solution to her problem. There are very affordable DVD duplicators available...such as those here from DiscMakers.

They allow for convenient duplication of original DVDs made by her business. They are what I use professionally for DVD and CD duplication and I can give them a :emoji_thumbsup: for ease & speed of operation and quality of product.

And to foresee any questions people may have, these machines will NOT allow for the duplication of copy-protected discs.

This solution could help not-only-with duplicates of the source material...but for making bulk duplications of your final products.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
I was thinking the same thing. Being in the videography business, I would think Diane IS the copyright holder. I doubt she'd be breaking any copy protection :) Whenever someone mentions DVD copying here, people freak out, even when it's not warranted.

CJ

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As others have said, the OP needs to provide more info. How discs are being duped, what the problems are and so on. I am not assuming something against HTF rules is being asked, but the vagueness of the question and the fact the OP has not returned makes me suspicious.

The most important thing is to use quality media. I would go for Verbatim.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks