What's new

Looking for a decent DVD player (1 Viewer)

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
i am looking to change from my DVD5 to a single disc unit.
any suggestions ? im looking to spenda bout $200 max.

i was also windering how that progressive scan works ? if it does help at all.

any info would be appreciated. my system is listed in my sig on what i all have so lmk what would work best with all that :)
i plan on using high end RGB connections w/ digital audio.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Is your television capable of a progressive-scan picture?

As for recommendations, run some searches here at HTF as well as checking out what's available at manufacturers' Websites and online stores. You need to narrow your search down to some specific models and then ask for feedback here.

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
i dont know are the wegas capable of it ?? i dont have the newest models i got last years.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I just saw that you have the 27-inch WEGA, the KV-27FS100 perhaps. No, it isn't capable of progressive-scan images. But given how inexpensive prog-scan machines are, get one and use its interlaced output. When you're ready to purchase a prog scan-capable set, you'll be good to go.

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
ok do them 3 look decent ?
which one would you suggest or would you suggest a different one ?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Since it's not prog-scan, there's probably not much point in buying a new player unless you want some specific feature or audio format like DVD-A and/or SACD and don't want a separate unit.

Are you not satisfied w/ what you have already?? If not, maybe it's time to upgrade to a bigger TV or HDTV.

_Man_

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
no i just want one thatll play more stuff. mine doesnt even play CDRs half the time. so id just like to upgrade to one thatll work with everything. even possibly MP3s and VCDs and dvd-a and SACD yes.

i have no room for a bigger TV :)
i was going to buy a widescreen HDTV but my mom would have killed me so i bought this cheapo instead for $500 heh.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I don't know. You could probably fit a tabletop 40" RPTV on there, if you really want. :D Or even spring for 47" Panny RPTV on clearance (as low as $1000 I hear in some places). You can definitely fit a 47" RPTV between those speakers although you'll have to find room for a new(?) A/V rack and the DVD racks. Should all be quite doable, if you really want to do it. :D

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks