What's new

Looking for a BD player that can stream but want a good one, which models do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm looking to upgrade my BD player and want to get one that can stream Netflix, Amazon OnDemand etc however I would like one with a significant amount of power and one that can stream in full 1080p.

Are they're any, besides the PS3, that you guys can recommend that will fit the bill? I'm looking to spend up to $300.00.

Thanks.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I have the Sony BDP-S570. Streams Netflix, Amazon, Qrosonysomething, and a bunch of other stuff. I use Napster anD Amazon over the built in wireless N, and have been pleased. Would like content browsing on Napster like they do on Amazon, but that's the only fault. Player is fast to load, good picture, and HD streaming looks real good (not as good as BD, but it never will be).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hmmm, thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm going to go with the Sony, I read a few reviews and it sounds like a solid player.

I also ordered the 3D kit for my 3D Ready Mits to go with it along with some BD 3D titles.

Your review of Avatar 3D, Ron, is now swimming around in my head lol, it really sucks that it's only available in the Panasonic bundle, I really wish they would stop doing that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
John,

If you buy a Panny BD player it comes with Avatar.

However, right now its limited to one of their cheaper

models and I don't know how well the streaming content is.

I am guessing that the Avatar offer may be included

with their new players. Not certain.

...but I had no idea you wanted a 3D player.

My LG BX580 which I no longer use as I replaced it

with an Oppo has great streaming capabilities and is

a nice 3D player.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, Ron, however I already ordered the Sony which I'm sure will fit the bill.

I originally started this topic with only streaming video in mind but once I saw that the Sony was also 3D capable it finally pushed me to pull the trigger on the 3D starter kit, I've been mulling that over for months and now I finally did it.

I know this might sound insane but I'm seriously thinking about getting that Panny just to get Avatar 3D, I'll just sell the player lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks